SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Stg.1 fix!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:44 PM

I would put shrink wrap over all of that. shrink wrap each one separately and then maybe one large over all of them.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:04 PM

This is some good stuff, it's self fusing silicone tape.
Gives you moisture, thermal and chemical resistance

Manufacturer: RadioShack
Mfg Part#: 640-2336
Old 04-24-2011, 09:24 AM

The tech that did mine installed new pins on the wires and installed them in the new connectors that plug onto the new sensors. NO BUTT CONNECTORS, NO EXTRA CONNECTIONS AT ALL.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 PM

Wish I could get my dealer to do this

Mine is in the shop again for turbo and performance related issues and they are replacing the T-MAP sensor again but I believe the ultimate issue is the electrical connections and soldering them would be an additional fix to the entire problem.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 AM

Do most Stg 1 kits need to be redone after the dealer does it? About to pull the trigger on one of these..
Old 04-28-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Chief
Do most Stg 1 kits need to be redone after the dealer does it? About to pull the trigger on one of these..
I wouldn't say most but I do see many with issues that can be related to the wiring and poor connections.

I just wish more dealers were open to it. I keep asking mine to do a soldering job on mine based on the information I have found here and some GM Service Bulletins related to wiring issues causing the symptoms my car is having and they called me a car hypochondriac and said that me looking up service information on the internet for my car is like people looking for medical advice on WebMD or something.

Needless to say I was a bit insulted and actually reported it to the service manager and the dealer owner. That is how I got the little data recorder that told them there was a problem. The only bad thing now is my car has been at the dealer more this month for repair then I have had it. I think if they would just take a little time and solder the wires along with anything else they fine it is a small favor to ask for all my inconvenience.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by acpantera
The tech that did mine installed new pins on the wires and installed them in the new connectors that plug onto the new sensors. NO BUTT CONNECTORS, NO EXTRA CONNECTIONS AT ALL.
That sounds awesome, neat, clean, no 'what ifs'. Who's the Dealer?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by acpantera
Oh, so the "crimps" are displaced somewhere else? (i.e. the "pins")

Old 04-29-2011, 07:56 PM

Don't go Trifecta!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 PM

Just depends on who dose the job. Some are done proplerly with the proper Kent Moore tool and they last and work fine. Some are not right from the start or have issues later.

It comes down to the tech who does it and how well he is trained.