SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Stg.1 fix!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by russruth
The difference between my neighbors bmw issues and mine are her bmw dealer has given her an equal or better loaner, made absolutely sure that she is not inconvenienced and never ducked the responsibility. That is the exact opposite of my experience with Chevrolet.
This! I can't believe how they will NOT back their products when it all goes wrong.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gas Man
This! I can't believe how they will NOT back their products when it all goes wrong.
I think all of this depends on who you deal with and where you live.

I bought my HHR SS used from a different dealer than the dealer that did the upgrade, because the original selling dealer would not install or even get within 100 miles of the upgrade.

They already knew of the issues.

Now the dealer that did the install was in the middle of the GM restructuring and has since moved most of it's attention and inventory to Infinity and the third strike is this is Los Angeles which has very few Chevrolet dealers left, with only one on the west side.

Los Angeles proper, especially the west side is notorious for having bad dealers in every brand, because getting across LA can be an all day proposition people tend to buy at the closest dealer.

I have had dealings with 5 LA City dealers, one in Vegas and one in Richardson Texas (Reliable Chevrolet).

Dealing with the Vegas and Texas dealer was night and day compared to the LA dealers, so once again, it depends on the dealers.

In fact before finally getting the LA dealer to solder and fix the upgrade, I seriously thought about either shipping the HHR to Reliable in Texas or taking a "fix the car vacation" in Vegas.

Actually the only way I could get the Santa Monica dealer to fix the HHR was to print out 5 pages of TSB's and the complete history of the install, how much down time I've experienced with the car, etc. etc.

That finally got their attention.

I believe selling Chevy's in the style conscience west side is difficult because in my neighborhood you never see any american cars except restored classics or SUV's. My block is all Toyota Prius, BMW's, Mercedes and Audis.

This is why I keep saying Chevrolet really needs to get high performance Halo sedans in production. Nobody ever looks at a domestic car, though I am sure the new Chrysler 300C SRT8 will sell well here.

I mentioned the story of the Audi S6 owner that cut us off and tried to outrun the HHR. Since he couldn't get away (actually he kept blocking me from passing him) he finally hung out his window and screamed "why don't you take your car and go home?".

5 years ago I had a Mustang Cobra and another S-6 owner wanted to race. I blew past him and when we came to the next stop light rather than looking over, he just threw a tantrum and was beating on his steering wheel.

LA is a different animal.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by russruth
I think all of this depends on who you deal with and where you live.

I bought my HHR SS used from a different dealer than the dealer that did the upgrade, because the original selling dealer would not install or even get within 100 miles of the upgrade.

They already knew of the issues.

Now the dealer that did the install was in the middle of the GM restructuring and has since moved most of it's attention and inventory to Infinity and the third strike is this is Los Angeles which has very few Chevrolet dealers left, with only one on the west side.

Los Angeles proper, especially the west side is notorious for having bad dealers in every brand, because getting across LA can be an all day proposition people tend to buy at the closest dealer.

I have had dealings with 5 LA City dealers, one in Vegas and one in Richardson Texas (Reliable Chevrolet).

Dealing with the Vegas and Texas dealer was night and day compared to the LA dealers, so once again, it depends on the dealers.

In fact before finally getting the LA dealer to solder and fix the upgrade, I seriously thought about either shipping the HHR to Reliable in Texas or taking a "fix the car vacation" in Vegas.

Actually the only way I could get the Santa Monica dealer to fix the HHR was to print out 5 pages of TSB's and the complete history of the install, how much down time I've experienced with the car, etc. etc.

That finally got their attention.

I believe selling Chevy's in the style conscience west side is difficult because in my neighborhood you never see any american cars except restored classics or SUV's. My block is all Toyota Prius, BMW's, Mercedes and Audis.

This is why I keep saying Chevrolet really needs to get high performance Halo sedans in production. Nobody ever looks at a domestic car, though I am sure the new Chrysler 300C SRT8 will sell well here.

I mentioned the story of the Audi S6 owner that cut us off and tried to outrun the HHR. Since he couldn't get away (actually he kept blocking me from passing him) he finally hung out his window and screamed "why don't you take your car and go home?".

5 years ago I had a Mustang Cobra and another S-6 owner wanted to race. I blew past him and when we came to the next stop light rather than looking over, he just threw a tantrum and was beating on his steering wheel.

LA is a different animal.
Your Halo is not far off.