Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Another attempt disabling TMPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 09:31 AM

Another attempt disabling TMPS

I want my tpms OFF. Permanently. I have 3 sets of wheels and I am NOT BUYING SENSORS so dont tell me to. I recently put a tuner in an f-350 that had the option to disable to tmps entirely. Is there anything like that for hhrs? has anyone turned off the tmps with gm techII/uplink? Has anyone disabled the tmps by modifying the module or wiring in any way? also I have heard trifecta tuners can tune them out...?

I have searched and searched and have not come up with anything. what I am looking for is people with FIRSTHAND experience, not "well a buddy of my ex-wife tuned them off with..." also please refrain from telling me what I am trying to do is illegal. I do not care. I have been driving without tmps for 2 years now and guess what I have not died in a fiery crash. I just want the light and the warning gone. any help at all is greatly appreciated just please lets stay on topic.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Deceased

Please refer to this thread below..

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/tires-wheels-49/tire-pressure-monitoring-faqs-20882/

To put it bluntly, there is no legal way to disable the TPMS system, any individual or vendor who claims to be able or willing to disable said system is comitting a crime punishable by fines from $1,000 to $800,000 depending on the scope of the violation.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
Please refer to this thread below..

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20882

To put it bluntly, there is no legal way to disable the TPMS system, any individual or vendor who claims to be able or willing to disable said system is comitting a crime punishable by fines from $1,000 to $800,000 depending on the scope of the violation.

Thanks for the quick responce!

I read this thread in my research before... and I fully understand there is no legal way. I am not worried about repercussions, whats gonna happen? ...get pulled over for speeding "Sir I need to see your license, insurance, and proof of operational TPMS." lol. I would really like to find an individual who has actually disabled it to find out how to do it myself
Old 08-18-2013, 12:05 PM

Sounds like the old Maxwell Smart routine:

"Don't tell me it's illegal."

"It's illegal."

"I asked you not to tell me that!"
Old 08-18-2013, 12:18 PM

Black electrical tape will do the trick.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:54 PM

Google "TPMS bomb". I've seen one work though not on an HHR. I've also heard that you can run a band around your spare and clip all the sensors to it.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:25 PM

buy an 07 without it.... problem solved, other wise no way to do it right/safe
Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Black electrical tape will do the trick.
I would have to electrical tape my ears and the DIC as well as the light seeing as it dings on startup and says "service tire monitors" on the DIC. plus Im not doing that on a new car, seems silly really I drive around with no monitors in the tires and all the warning lights on what makes disabling it so much worse that everyone has their tails between their legs for? honestly I want to disable it for me, I find it annoying that I buy a brand new car and have to look at a dummy light all the time. If I ever sold the car I would want it back on because alot of people do really like the tpms.

Originally Posted by db/sb
Google "TPMS bomb". I've seen one work though not on an HHR. I've also heard that you can run a band around your spare and clip all the sensors to it.
I looked into this.. there was a thread on the Cobalt forums where a guy put them all in a pvc "tpms bomb" and it worked. he was all excited until the light came on 15 min later. the sensors in the wheels need to sense motion and transmit. no motion, no transmit, light goes on. thanks for the thought though
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 AM

There ought to be a law. Too bad all those soccer moms killed themselves by not checking the air in their tires. I still see them driving around with a flat tire, even with the law.