Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

- anyone wanna help a newbie to wheels? -

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Nice scoot! I really like classic choppers. I am really Jonesin' for one of the new Sporty Iron 883's in black. My wife would shoot me for picking up another payment, 'though. I am current'y "between bikes." I gave my '83 Yamaha Seca 750 to a friend (it was given to me, so I passed it on). Now wish I had kept it, if for nothing else than as a trade-in.

Let me know your stock tire size and I'll look up the proper 16" for ya'. Or PM either of those who have the same wheel that have posted, and I'm sure they can help. I intentionally went with blackwalls for mine, because I went chrome smooties. Which is more of a '60's hot rod look than a '50's look. That's what custom is all about - you get what YOU want!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by LewiSS
Nice scoot! I really like classic choppers. I am really Jonesin' for one of the new Sporty Iron 883's in black. My wife would shoot me for picking up another payment, 'though. I am current'y "between bikes." I gave my '83 Yamaha Seca 750 to a friend (it was given to me, so I passed it on). Now wish I had kept it, if for nothing else than as a trade-in.

Let me know your stock tire size and I'll look up the proper 16" for ya'. Or PM either of those who have the same wheel that have posted, and I'm sure they can help. I intentionally went with blackwalls for mine, because I went chrome smooties. Which is more of a '60's hot rod look than a '50's look. That's what custom is all about - you get what YOU want!
thx..thats my second Sporty chop..my other was a '75 kick only...hardtailed as well..super smooth..
I see a ton of cheap Sportys online, thats where you should start..then chop it yourself.. i am in about $5000 soup to nuts on mine after scoring a sweet donor bike. skrew a payment!!!...and skrew the factory!!!...lol

anyway...thx for the tips..i got all the info i need thru some helpful board guys ..including yourself..

backatchya man..
GET THAT BIKE!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Smoothe~ride
I checked out your link and that is the exact wheel i went with for my HHR. Heres a shot after:

PM me if you need some addition help, and ill help you the best i can. And i definately recommend powdercoating. Because with wet paint the heat heats up the centercap and destroys the are behind it. but if you are not getting caps either will work
WOW!!

you sir, have a PM!!!...thx so much for the help with it...greatly appreciated..

THAT HHR ****IN ROCKS!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:43 PM

Post pics when you get the wheels/tires on!!!