Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Tire Pressure Monitoring FAQ's

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:06 PM

Lot of good info here ,I just had my tpm's transferred to my new wheels they seem to work ok but most likely need to be re-learned . or I can just walk around the car when the sensor comes on with tire gauge in hand.
Question?
After putting on the new wheels and tires without the sensors I had to drive for about 30 min and 20-25 miles B4 the light came on , is that normal ?
I figured out why the light never came on this morning I had the stock tires in the back ready to go to the tire store for the transfer .
Old 09-15-2012, 03:30 PM

I had one go bad, just replaced it, now 2 others are not reading. I am going to order 3 more, so they all match. That may be the issue.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:24 AM

I bought an 07...so no TPMS.....thank god for that. What an awful system to put on a car....
Old 10-13-2012, 03:25 PM

I have a 2008 HHR. I was always use to driving Jeeps before; so my only 2 real complaints have been the lack of toughness in the car's outer shell, and the constant changing of the tire pressure. Anytime the weather changes (and that can be daily in Ky) I have to add or delete air.

It is about time for me to get new tires. Can I keep the same wheels/rims and get a bigger tire to maybe alleviate some of that issue, or what do you all suggest?
Old 10-31-2012, 06:06 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by Tchrcoun
I have a 2008 HHR. I was always use to driving Jeeps before; so my only 2 real complaints have been the lack of toughness in the car's outer shell, and the constant changing of the tire pressure. Anytime the weather changes (and that can be daily in Ky) I have to add or delete air.

It is about time for me to get new tires. Can I keep the same wheels/rims and get a bigger tire to maybe alleviate some of that issue, or what do you all suggest?
ALL tires will change pressure with the ambient temp as well as with the tire temp. The solution is to get the nitrogen fill, Costco does it no charge with new tires. Nitrogen does not react to temp changes as much as breathing air.

The book states that 32 psi cold is the proper inflation, don't worry about the warm.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by donbrew
ALL tires will change pressure with the ambient temp as well as with the tire temp. The solution is to get the nitrogen fill, Costco does it no charge with new tires. Nitrogen does not react to temp changes as much as breathing air.

The book states that 32 psi cold is the proper inflation, don't worry about the warm.

Yep, 1 PSI for every 10 degrees ambient.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:55 PM

I have pressure telltale light on and info check tyre press info on DIC but preassure readed from TPMS system are correct. What to do to clear this problem?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by Sardanapal
I have pressure telltale light on and info check tyre press info on DIC but preassure readed from TPMS system are correct. What to do to clear this problem?
Usually, turning the key off then starting back up after a couple of minutes will reset it. If you have a 2011 and rotated without resetting the positions an error may occur, this may be different year in Euro models.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:58 AM

I'm driving couple of days and it is all the same, have the same info on DIC. Preassure is correct. Maybe there is some trick to reset TPMS without loosing sensors info in ECU.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by sardanapal
i'm driving couple of days and it is all the same, have the same info on dic. Preassure is correct. Maybe there is some trick to reset tpms without loosing sensors info in ecu.
no.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitoring FAQ's