Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > General Discussion > General HHR > Thermostat housing/temperature sensor
-

General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

submit to reddit

Old 11-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
dinobass

Member #: 725
Check out my gallery 
Thermostat housing/temperature sensor

Can anyone tell bme where the thermostat housing is located? I followed the upper radiator hose to the engine and didn't see anything that looked like a thermostat housing. I need to find it because the dealer (can you trust anything they say?) says the temperature sensor is there too. I want to change out the sensor to hopefully fix the nonworking coolant gauge and air conditioning.
Thanks
dinobass
dinobass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:17 PM   #2
Desert Coyote

Member #: 1633
Check out my gallery 
Is the temp gauge the only reason you're looking for this sensor? Because if it is, you may be barking up the wrong tree. The sensor on the thermostat usually goes to the computer only, for engine management. The sending unit for the temp gauge is probably going to be screwed directly into either the block or the end of the head. (This is how GM does it most of the time, anyway)

AWARD WINNER 2008
HHR NATION - Nine days, 4000 miles, two people, one car.
Desert Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
SoCalHHR

Member #: 166
Check out my gallery 
The thermostat housing is located on the driver side, on the back of the engine. Peek around where you would normally see a steering column go down, and look for the neck on the engine - you'll see it.

"If I were a rich man..."
SoCalHHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:18 PM

submit to reddit