2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Crazy Steve Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
the issues i have with Treadstone is their 2 piece endtank design..... it's fail.

MPx..... seems nice but has less rows than stock.

ZZP..... 4" thick core, too big for stock little k04. nice otherwise.
Treadstone uses cast endtanks that are one piece btw.

And if anyone does look into the Treadstone for the HHR stick with the TR8...with the TR10 you have to cut notches out of the crash bar to get it to fit and it comes all the way up to the top of the bumper. The TR12 will not fit as it will be too tall.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan
I'm a little slow here but I thought behind the head light is in the fender?? I was thinking of getting the k&n pipe to put on the intake is it better than the stock one ?
the SSA "cai" routes the filter in front of the engine, where there's no air flow unless you drill a giant hole next to the radiator. so technically that intake is a "wai" (warm air intake) and i personally don't see no benenfit to it other than probably more noise and it's neat looking.

the stock intake design is actually pretty good, it draws cool air from the fender well, i'd suggest putting some sort of heat wrap on the bottom of the air box.

as for the k&n setup...... i do believe it's better than stock. it's a bit smoother piping and doesn't pancake as bad as stock. oh and it has a smooth entry into the turbo via coupler instead of the acordian looking stock pipe. i'm actually selling mine if you're interested. nothing wrong with it, i just would prefer to have $ instead of the part.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by ATLsilverSS
Treadstone uses cast endtanks that are one piece btw.

And if anyone does look into the Treadstone for the HHR stick with the TR8...with the TR10 you have to cut notches out of the crash bar to get it to fit and it comes all the way up to the top of the bumper. The TR12 will not fit as it will be too tall.
they must of JUST started doing that. the last pictures i saw (a friend sent me pics of his earlier this year) the entanks were 2 piece and the weren't rolled at the ends.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 AM

they must of JUST started doing that. the last pictures i saw (a friend sent me pics of his earlier this year) the entanks were 2 piece and the weren't rolled at the ends.
If you look at the pics on their site, the endtanks (although "short" IMO) are one piece. Then they use what look like plastic 45* piping along w/ silicone couplers.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by asanti
If you look at the pics on their site, the endtanks (although "short" IMO) are one piece. Then they use what look like plastic 45* piping along w/ silicone couplers.
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...er+Kit%2C+Beta

that's what i call a 2 piece endtank and you see that the piping isn't rolled either.

here's a pic of the Werks Street Intercooler compared to a stock intercooler...... you can see that the endtank is 1 piece.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Banned

Someone give me 500 so i can get my werks IC... it just might happen at the end of august along with a new coldside
Old 07-08-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by asanti
they use 45* elbows which are polished with rolled ends....comes standard with silicone couplers and tbolt clamps......no plastic, what you may be seeing is the powdercoated black piping
Old 07-08-2011, 11:18 AM

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...er+Kit%2C+Beta

that's what i call a 2 piece endtank and you see that the piping isn't rolled either.

here's a pic of the Werks Street Intercooler compared to a stock intercooler...... you can see that the endtank is 1 piece.

I am still not following on how theirs is a 2 pc endtank.....either way.....mine came with bead rolled ends on polished elbows. I know if you ask for them to be rolled than you will definately receive them that way.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by ATLsilverSS
I am still not following on how theirs is a 2 pc endtank.....either way.....mine came with bead rolled ends on polished elbows. I know if you ask for them to be rolled than you will definately receive them that way.
that's good to hear.

when it comes to the "2 piece endtank" thing i'm talking about is if you compare it to all the other intercoolers on the market.... their the only ones that have a loose elbow on the ends. all the others are welded on so the only couplers you'll need is to connect to the charge piping.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:26 PM

that's good to hear.

when it comes to the "2 piece endtank" thing i'm talking about is if you compare it to all the other intercoolers on the market.... their the only ones that have a loose elbow on the ends. all the others are welded on so the only couplers you'll need is to connect to the charge piping.
I was thinking you meant that the endtank was made of 2 seperate pieces that were welded together to form the actual endtank with the rolled ends, silicon couplers, and tbolt clamps, i have had no problems with anything coming loose or popping off. They manufacture their cores in house in florida, the craftsmanship of my tr10, at least, is excellent, and the performance is top notch as well. my ait2's are within 2* of ambient as long as I am moving and airflow is crossing the core, and they only rise a couple more * after hard pulls and quickly come back down. I am very happy with it and for 350 shipped, I would recommend it to anyone, or at least the tr8 cause the tr10 doesnt fit without modding the crash bar

Quick Reply: Crazy Steve Intercooler