2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Crazy Steve Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
I'm a little slow here but I thought behind the head light is in the fender?? I was thinking of getting the k&n pipe to put on the intake is it better than the stock one ?
and your right, its not directly behind the headlight its in the engine bay to the left of the passenger headlight and to the right of the radiator. That nice little hot spot there next to the radiator coolant tank, as Rallycobalt06 pointed out.

Mine has been rerouted behind the passenger headlight to the passenger fender well.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ATLsilverSS
I was thinking you meant that the endtank was made of 2 seperate pieces that were welded together to form the actual endtank with the rolled ends, silicon couplers, and tbolt clamps, i have had no problems with anything coming loose or popping off. They manufacture their cores in house in florida, the craftsmanship of my tr10, at least, is excellent, and the performance is top notch as well. my ait2's are within 2* of ambient as long as I am moving and airflow is crossing the core, and they only rise a couple more * after hard pulls and quickly come back down. I am very happy with it and for 350 shipped, I would recommend it to anyone, or at least the tr8 cause the tr10 doesnt fit without modding the crash bar
My next upgraded IC will probably be the treadstone, looks like a quality piece at a great price.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by ATLsilverSS
I was thinking you meant that the endtank was made of 2 seperate pieces that were welded together to form the actual endtank with the rolled ends, silicon couplers, and tbolt clamps, i have had no problems with anything coming loose or popping off. They manufacture their cores in house in florida, the craftsmanship of my tr10, at least, is excellent, and the performance is top notch as well. my ait2's are within 2* of ambient as long as I am moving and airflow is crossing the core, and they only rise a couple more * after hard pulls and quickly come back down. I am very happy with it and for 350 shipped, I would recommend it to anyone, or at least the tr8 cause the tr10 doesnt fit without modding the crash bar
ok cool, so now we're on the same page i was wondering if i worded it right. but as long as the ends are rolled and tbolt clamps are used, there should be absolutely no issues with it. i personally am not a fan of it but that's just me, nothing against Treadstone. seems like their ICs are nice and come with a cool price tag.

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
and your right, its not directly behind the headlight its in the engine bay to the left of the passenger headlight and to the right of the radiator. That nice little hot spot there next to the radiator coolant tank, as Rallycobalt06 pointed out.

Mine has been rerouted behind the passenger headlight to the passenger fender well.
any pictures?

i briefly checked out the fender well (didn't take it off) and it doesn't seem like there's enough room for a filter in there.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:26 PM

The K&N air filter thats made for the factory air box fits inside the fender well perfect.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
The K&N air filter thats made for the factory air box fits inside the fender well perfect.
very nice

thank you sir.