2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Stage Kit Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:13 PM

Delivered. :)

The Kit looks very simple to install as well. I think it will drive in Limp mode to the dealer right?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Delivered. :)

The Kit looks very simple to install as well. I think it will drive in Limp mode to the dealer right?
Some have said you can't, but the sensors are just a bit wider range, so I, and others who have said they did it, believe that for a short trip, and careful driving, no problems. I had the dealer do mine, because I didn't have info otherwise at the time, and he did a great job. However, in addition to a few bucks saved, I like to do all my own work, and take satisfaction from a job well done.
Be sure and study info here about wiring and also the sensor trim mod.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 AM

Well my car was finally done yesterday, but when I picked it up the CEL was on. They did a scan and the computer was throwing all kinds of codes. They kept the car and I went home in the rental. I provided them with all the wiring and sensor diagrams from this site before the install, but they still managed to screw something up. They tell me that they are going to put a Tech on it first thing this morning and that he wont be off the job until the car is correct. I was told by the Service Writer that they are using my car to learn how to install this product on future customers cars since it is the first one that they have done. The frustration level is through the roof right now. Does anyone know if the corrected install instructions are already in the dealers computers?

Also the tech told me that there is an additional download that they need to do. Anyone know anything about this additional download? I believe he called it a "patch download".

SPPD
Old 12-30-2008, 08:35 AM

sounds like they did not flash the ecm
Old 12-30-2008, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by ts5p
I don' have the invoice with me for the service, but it said something to the effect of installed 2 sensors reprogrammed the ecm. If they did not flash it I guess it is time to start looking for a new dealer for service. I paid $93(1 hour) with tax, although the service department made sure to tell me that it took closer to 5 hours for the install and was doing me a favor. Well I don't see it as much of a favor if they did it incorrectly even after providing all of the install info from this site.

Will post more as info comes in on the car.

SPPD
Old 12-30-2008, 11:18 AM

Finally my install is complete and functional - it took 1 week to complete. It's so fun being the first - Luckily I was treated well by the dealer. The install started last monday and finished yesterday. The car is crazy fast now. And it's not just at full acceleration but car constantly pulls thru all rpms.
I have one other bit of info from my install experience. It seems that the sensors are taller than the ones they replaced. And what was happening on my car was when the engine torqued during acceletation it pushed on the sensor - I believe the tech said it was pushing on the AC compressor. So I was only able to boost to 0 psi and it also caused engine codes. The fix was to move the air intake over to give the sensor room and so far it running great.

Now with all this power the Brembo Brakes seem like the next upgrade.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:29 AM

Its amazing that with all the install s already done and the write ups here that one does not go to the dealer prepared more. At least when I went I expected problems even though I gave my dealer the info....But one week? Dang! And SPPD..I went thru the same thing with the same attitude from the dealer,"doing me a favor".And I agree, they need to step up when they screw up.I guess they are too proud to make a few phone calls to ask how. And Redface, that may be because the one sensor has a lip that needs to be trimmed so it sits flat on the mount.Your the first to have that interference problem.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by ts5p
Well it turns out you were right. They installed the sensors, but never reflashed the ecm. Called last night after waiting all day for them to call me only to find out that the car had been ready for several hours. Returned the rental picked up the SS.

Of course after being sunny, above freezing, and dry since Saturday it was snowing heavily and the temps were dropping. I really could not test it out, but the increased power and boost is definately there. I will give my impression at a later date when the weather cooperates.

SPPD
Old 12-31-2008, 08:44 AM

Here is what I discussed with my service tech already about the kit and will talk to him and the mechanic when I drop it off. I will discuss the issues otheres are having and hand them all the updated info that I have as asked by the service Tech himself when I spoke to him yesterday. This should make it much easier for things to go correctly.

when I spoke to him yesterday, he wanted to know about whats in the kit. He seemed familiar with the Stage kits from other GM cars. I hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:41 AM
XXL

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
I went thru the same thing with the same attitude from the dealer,"doing me a favor".And I agree, they need to step up when they screw up.I guess they are too proud to make a few phone calls to ask how.
With that kind of behavior, you'd think their entire corporate structure would be near collapse. Oh, wait...

Quick Reply: GM Stage Kit Installed!!!