2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Stage Kit Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Well, I finally had a chance to spool it up today on the way home from work. I am absolutely impressed with the upgrade. It is about 15 degrees here and I was seeing 18-20 pounds of boost everytime. The car throws me back into the seat like it never could before. I am having to relearn how to work the clutch because it performs like a completely different car. It truly wants to go fast even when I am trying to be conservitive. I did not really notice, but my wife claims the engine sounds completely different to her when I am accelerating. I have to give this upgrade an A+ because I was looking for a noticable increase in power and acceleration without compromising the warranty. This spring I plan on adding a cat back exhaust for a little more rumble and then its on to customizing the exterior/interior including powdercoating the wheels and installing subtle racing/rally stripes.

For those that are looking for enough power to really notice the difference, but retain the warranty, this product gets the SPPD seal of approval.

Now I just cant decide where to mount the "Performance Division" decal if at all. I have never been a parts sticker guy, but I was thinking of installing this decal somewhere on the interior of the car or perhaps in the engine compartment.

SPPD
Old 12-31-2008, 02:56 PM

I'll take the sticker....

Originally Posted by SPPD
Well, I finally had a chance to spool it up today on the way home from work. I am absolutely impressed with the upgrade. It is about 15 degrees here and I was seeing 18-20 pounds of boost everytime. The car throws me back into the seat like it never could before. I am having to relearn how to work the clutch because it performs like a completely different car. It truly wants to go fast even when I am trying to be conservitive. I did not really notice, but my wife claims the engine sounds completely different to her when I am accelerating. I have to give this upgrade an A+ because I was looking for a noticable increase in power and acceleration without compromising the warranty. This spring I plan on adding a cat back exhaust for a little more rumble and then its on to customizing the exterior/interior including powdercoating the wheels and installing subtle racing/rally stripes.

For those that are looking for enough power to really notice the difference, but retain the warranty, this product gets the SPPD seal of approval.

Now I just cant decide where to mount the "Performance Division" decal if at all. I have never been a parts sticker guy, but I was thinking of installing this decal somewhere on the interior of the car or perhaps in the engine compartment.

SPPD
if you don't want the sticker, I 'll take it, as I am a sticker guy, there is always room in my garage, if not in the engine compartment, whatever you do don't throw it out.
BTW, glad to hear you are liking the upgrade, enjoy
Old 01-01-2009, 07:12 AM

Has anyone had this done in the dallas/ ft worth area and if you have which dealer
Old 01-01-2009, 11:05 AM

Chevymgr is up in that area I think.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:39 AM

OK Turbotech tomorrow there will be new Dyno #'s so we'll see how good your work was...LOL
Old 01-03-2009, 07:24 AM

You mean GM's work. LOL> Are you back on the boat yet? Still lookin for steelies. Going to get some take offs in town somewhere.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by SPPD