2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

HP decline when you take Air Lid Off???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by JeramieJJ
when talking airflow and temps.....dyno numbers are not the same situation as a moving car. Especially when an intercooler is involved and your sitting still (heat soak)
Oh yeah. You can believe there is a ton of Heat Soak involved when the vehicle is sitting still. It gets really hot under there, even with hood up. been there, done that. "Moon"
Old 01-30-2012, 09:20 PM

Yea constantly people say that this so called HAI (Hot Air Intakes) are so bad, folks we will be driving at 20+mph 90% of the time while driving, dont you think air is getting exchanged in GREAT VOLUMES under the hood?? I mean comon, that doesnt even get into the turbo/intercooler issue, so people need to stop *****ing about HAI and its very simple, motors are basically air pumps, the faster and more efficient we can pump the air in and out the more power the car will create with greater efficiency.

Now I will say this, just got the K&N stock replacement, ran with the lid off for about 30 miles and threw codes until the lid went back on....I'm pissed because I love the sound and the car has a definite SOTP difference for the better.

I am assume I need a tune then or is there a way to angle the filter or change the orientation of the MAF or Filter to not throw the code and going into LIMP mode?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:15 PM

i havnt throne any codes, even now that i have the DP im not throwing any codes, maybe some cars are more sensitive than others?
Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by jmm121783
Now I will say this, just got the K&N stock replacement, ran with the lid off for about 30 miles and threw codes until the lid went back on....I'm pissed because I love the sound and the car has a definite SOTP difference for the better.
"Before building my hood scoop fed CAI, for my SS, I ran without the lid for quite awhile. Does not lose HP and does'nt throw codes, as some would try and lead you to believe."

Don't worry, "Moon" says it's all in your head...
Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Victory Red SS
"Before building my hood scoop fed CAI, for my SS, I ran without the lid for quite awhile. Does not lose HP and does'nt throw codes, as some would try and lead you to believe."

Don't worry, "Moon" says it's all in your head...
Well how about the guys that have the aeroforce interceptor gauges. Don't those show the HP of the car? Had anyone checked out the HP reading on that gauge with the lid on then lid off? Any diffrence in the numbers? Or would a HP drop (if any) not even register on the gauge??