2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

HP Tuners Vs GM performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by OshawaHHRss
No need to spend all that money at the dealership, just buy the map sensors and flash it with gms1 via hpt, but I would only use it as a base file and start logging and revising
After 12 yrs and going through 2 Auto strikes, I stepped away from mechanics in early 90's; now getting back into it for personal hobby and enjoyment. The newer generations of electronics within automotive are simply fascinating and so hi-tech! The degree of mgmt, control and adj via software is very cool and the level of sensors and logic boards scattered throughout a vehicle all accessible via a interface module & notebook on seat... very nice, but also if mis-adjusted could cause actual mechanical problems.

Mine had the Stg1 kit, not sure it's even available now via GM part. Beyound the other bolt-ons, The actual "Tuner part" is a HPTuner and license credits... the only extra is $2-300 for a Remote Tuner to tune. From my conversation, they'll also provide initial training on the HPT while they work with you on Tune.

Since I'm learning about these HPT's, $300 is an acceptable fee to get a good tune with experienced Tuner, get familure with software and get off on a good start with Tune files.

Why would one (personal usage) want a pricey higher quality Scanner if the HPT for about the same price can fill that role too and clear DTC's. I recently purchased a Zurich ZR15 to try... going back today, no need for it.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by dougcjohn
After 12 yrs and going through 2 Auto strikes, I stepped away from mechanics in early 90's; now getting back into it for personal hobby and enjoyment. The newer generations of electronics within automotive are simply fascinating and so hi-tech! The degree of mgmt, control and adj via software is very cool and the level of sensors and logic boards scattered throughout a vehicle all accessible via a interface module & notebook on seat... very nice, but also if mis-adjusted could cause actual mechanical problems.

Mine had the Stg1 kit, not sure it's even available now via GM part. Beyound the other bolt-ons, The actual "Tuner part" is a HPTuner and license credits... the only extra is $2-300 for a Remote Tuner to tune. From my conversation, they'll also provide initial training on the HPT while they work with you on Tune.

Since I'm learning about these HPT's, $300 is an acceptable fee to get a good tune with experienced Tuner, get familure with software and get off on a good start with Tune files.

Why would one (personal usage) want a pricey higher quality Scanner if the HPT for about the same price can fill that role too and clear DTC's. I recently purchased a Zurich ZR15 to try... going back today, no need for it.
oh ya. HPtuners is great. I have both of mine on HPtuners. You need to find a really good tuner though