2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Who writes a really good tune file for the SS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 01:20 PM

Coming from one who's had no luck in getting a response from him in over a month and a half BECAUSE I filed a Paypal complaint against him I will say this: His tunes are great but his customer service is ****. I will NEVER support someone that flat out ignores my calls, emails, PM's, and voicemails for that length of time. Whether there's a family emergency or not, a simple message stating such can tide a client over versus getting absolutely zero replies from someone. I won't clutter the thread with my details but suffice it to say that there are definitely other tuners out there that are as good and have good reputations. M-Dub, ChevyCobaltSS3, and roughly 2-3 others are versed in HPT and tuning the LNF motor that you can find on CobaltSS.net.

Later
Allex
Old 11-10-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by asanti
Coming from one who's had no luck in getting a response from him in over a month and a half BECAUSE I filed a Paypal complaint against him I will say this: His tunes are great but his customer service is ****. I will NEVER support someone that flat out ignores my calls, emails, PM's, and voicemails for that length of time. Whether there's a family emergency or not, a simple message stating such can tide a client over versus getting absolutely zero replies from someone. I won't clutter the thread with my details but suffice it to say that there are definitely other tuners out there that are as good and have good reputations. M-Dub, ChevyCobaltSS3, and roughly 2-3 others are versed in HPT and tuning the LNF motor that you can find on CobaltSS.net.

Later
Allex
wow thats messed up i wouldn't put up with that either.

chevy 13.....ccss3 is my tuner. he can help anyone out if you need.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 PM

Ouch Allex! I knew of your troubles but didn't want to pile on.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:50 AM

There are great and competant tuners everywhere. Start looking for a local tuner in your area. Your local speed shops will usually know who you can talk to. The reason I say this is you really want to have your car on a DYNO while the tune is being adjusted to "your" car. ie, elevation, general BP, local temps, parts, etc. Most local shops will usually charge around $75-90 an hour for tuning and dyno pulls. Expect around a three to four hour time and money investment, with a min, of three pulls. The big advantage here is having someone local in case you have problems down the road, or want to make changes to the tune(most shops will give you another hour or so of tuning on the back-side, if there is an issue) Either way I would get educated on what tables and parameters can be altered on your ECM, and what to look for on a dyno chart. I always see big numbers posted with horrible A/F rates, and peaks and valleys that would make a coaster enthusist sick. Happy Hunting
Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
There are great and competant tuners everywhere. Start looking for a local tuner in your area. Your local speed shops will usually know who you can talk to. The reason I say this is you really want to have your car on a DYNO while the tune is being adjusted to "your" car. ie, elevation, general BP, local temps, parts, etc. Most local shops will usually charge around $75-90 an hour for tuning and dyno pulls. Expect around a three to four hour time and money investment, with a min, of three pulls. The big advantage here is having someone local in case you have problems down the road, or want to make changes to the tune(most shops will give you another hour or so of tuning on the back-side, if there is an issue) Either way I would get educated on what tables and parameters can be altered on your ECM, and what to look for on a dyno chart. I always see big numbers posted with horrible A/F rates, and peaks and valleys that would make a coaster enthusist sick. Happy Hunting
while there are great and competant tuners everywhere i would stay away from anyway from anyone who does not have experience tuning the lnf....there are several factors in the way the lnf is tuned that make it very different than tuning other vehicles. an inexperienced lnf tuner will likely land you an unsafe tune that doesn't maximize the power potential or at worse case a blown engine. i have heard this story at least a dozen times.

i don't really see the need to dyno tune these cars. with our factory wideband and the ability to datalog in realtime with the laptop and hptuners in the car (i say this cause hptuners is the way to go imo and it is what the op is using) there isn't any specific advantages to dyno tuning over street tuning unless you want to see those numbers and in that case pay your $50 bucks for 3 pulls and save some cash.

i agree to educate yourself on the tables and what to look for. im not a fan of having someone do something and having no clue what is going on. one of the most important things is that since the lnf is direct injected the a/f ratio is MUCH leaner than a port injected vehicle and tuning it to a conventional a/f ratio will likely result in damage.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Premium Member

OK I'm sold, sent my money to Trifecta, Vince is running a special, free cable with your tune. Does that mean I can use my 12" tablet for a scan gauge ?
Old 11-11-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan
OK I'm sold, sent my money to Trifecta, Vince is running a special, free cable with your tune. Does that mean I can use my 12" tablet for a scan gauge ?
don't know if you can with the trifecta cable but you can if you get a torque app or something similar and an elm bluetooth device
Old 11-11-2011, 11:28 AM

Coming from tuning a ls1 to a LNF there so much more to LNF and it's a pain in the ass. To tell ya truth I would tune anything esle no problem but LNF is a totally different beast but i am still learning.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:23 PM

I know. It's more exotic then, well, exotics.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:05 PM

Just an update.

...Still nothing

Quick Reply: Who writes a really good tune file for the SS?