2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Who writes a really good tune file for the SS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 AM

ATL,

I have to disagree with street tuning, if a dyno is available. Spinning tires, wheel hop, and tourque steer won't help get an acurate powerband, like a strapped down car will. I've done both, and was only really happy after "tweeking" on a dyno. PS HPT will also model any changes before applied to the car, but are never 100% correct. canned, street, and dyno tunning are 3 diff. animals and hard to compare since what they tune for diff. conditions. Dyno for peak power and curve smoothing, street for hop, wheelspin, canned for starters.

Local Tuners-- I'm lucky enough to live in a somewhat "big" city, and found a very good LNF tuner here in Knox. They robbed Peter to pay Paul with these motors. I imangine everytime the engineers figured out one issue, that just lead to another. More open tables just lead to more issue tinkering
Old 11-14-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chevy13
Just an update.

...Still nothing
that sucks....id be pissed

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
ATL,

I have to disagree with street tuning, if a dyno is available. Spinning tires, wheel hop, and tourque steer won't help get an acurate powerband, like a strapped down car will. I've done both, and was only really happy after "tweeking" on a dyno. PS HPT will also model any changes before applied to the car, but are never 100% correct. canned, street, and dyno tunning are 3 diff. animals and hard to compare since what they tune for diff. conditions. Dyno for peak power and curve smoothing, street for hop, wheelspin, canned for starters.

Local Tuners-- I'm lucky enough to live in a somewhat "big" city, and found a very good LNF tuner here in Knox. They robbed Peter to pay Paul with these motors. I imangine everytime the engineers figured out one issue, that just lead to another. More open tables just lead to more issue tinkering
everyone is going to have a different opinion on street vs dyno tuning. we could start a whole thread about it....as a matter of fact there is one on css.

you are lucky to have a local lnf tuner as there aren't many around. here in atlanta there are dozens of tuners, forged performance is one of the sickest shops in the country as one of the premier gtr tuners in the WORLD (yes the guy flies around the world tuning gtr's...he just got back from dubai) and i wouldn't let anyone around here tune my car. i might let them after the studied it for a while but even then probably not.

anywho point being that the way you tune a lnf is very different than tuning other cars and not many know how to do it correctly.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:50 AM

Chevy13, have you tried calling him or leaving a voicemail? If so and he's not replying then open a paypal complaint and get your money back. Don't let him try to keep your money and tell paypal he's got the tune on its way or some BS story. I had him do a carbon fiber dinoc wrap on my waterfall. Paid him after he took 1 1/2 weeks or so to send me a paypal bill for the work. It took a paypal complaint to get my part sent to me! After I spoke to his wife/secretary on the phone and being told "my part was going out on Monday", I hadn't received anything after a month went by. Like you, phone calls, emails, voicemails went unanswered. Only AFTER I put in the complaint did I get my part back. BTW, I supplied him with a spare waterfall I bought, he only supplied the vinyl and labor to install it... As I said,before, his tunes are great but his customer service is ****. Seems if you're not dropping off your car there for months on end to do big dollar jobs, he's just not that interested.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:57 AM

^^^even at that donkeyballs sent his car in for a custom efr turbo swap and although i don't know exactly what happened donkey won't even speak to him.....that was a 5k job. my only dealings with nick were the group buy on the meth injection throttle body spacer and everything went great there....don't think anyone had any issues. but it has been coming up more and more lately that his customer service sucks...well...donkeyballs......no pun intended
Old 11-18-2011, 07:56 AM

Finally heard from him the day before yesterday. He explained, and said I would have the tune soon. So hopefully I will have it today...
Old 11-18-2011, 10:23 AM

Good to hear!!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Premium Member

Tune file got here couple days ago, just waiting for the wire to get here.

Last edited by SS fan; 11-19-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Premium Member

Wire got here and the technologicly handycapped (me) managed to load it. Hell,Yes,....Winning. I am amazed, especially the retune of transmission. I'm sure there is room for tweeking for my mods, but damn this thing is a monster hard to keep it pointed the right direction. Pleased to report both tires pull most of the time, not so much a one wheeled wonder like I thought.

1 vote for Vince
Old 11-20-2011, 09:02 AM

Glad you are making progress... I just keep getting "You will have it today!!" and then another excuse a few days later. On the 18th, I was supposed to have it that night!! and haven't heard from him since. What horrible customer service. I sure hope this tune makes up for it.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy13
Glad you are making progress... I just keep getting "You will have it today!!" and then another excuse a few days later. On the 18th, I was supposed to have it that night!! and haven't heard from him since. What horrible customer service. I sure hope this tune makes up for it.
File a paypal complaint and I bet you have your tune today....if you don't who knows how long you will have to wait

Quick Reply: Who writes a really good tune file for the SS?