2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Injection is Nice, But.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by hhrfreek
Yeah I got some paint on my calipers a while back too and it holds up really well. Actually took longer to clean off all the corrosion than painting. I just used VHT gloss black. Same paint that went on my(your) valve cover. Holds up really well and coats super smooth.
"my (your) valve cover" < I like the sound of that.

This Paint post was just added because Advanced auto parts is discontinuing the Purple of this dupli color paint, not sure if it's dupli color or just advanced auto.

Other auto parts stores carry it at full price advanced has them at about 5 bucks a can off, so I ran around to 5 stores to get 8 cans at the savings.

I did shoot one bracket part last night, about 6 coats of the purple and 4 coats of clear.

Name:  2fbda0ff.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  04ec2ddf.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  56.4 KB

Not wanting to sand and smooth these parts, just want a bit of color/shine and they will be alot easier to wipe clean even with the rougher finish the sand casting has.

Scrubbed clean then wiped down with acetone, I did not use the Base "ground coat" on this part, was testing to see what the purple looked like over the bare aluminum.

I'll try the next one with the Base just to compare, only gonna do a few pieces/parts with the purple, Not go crazy with it.

What about that sensor we talked about the 2.5? I took a close up pic of it, is that it? Or just the spot the 2.5 one will end up at? If it is that would Save me 50 bucks buying one, then just need 25 bucks for the pigtail for it.

Thanks

Old 07-17-2012, 02:25 PM

Yeah thats the right one. Just get a pig tail and you will have to splice this into your harness, but thats the only sensor you need to do.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Rest In Peace

Yeah thats the right one. Just get a pig tail and you will have to splice this into your harness, but thats the only sensor you need to do.

Cool, that saves 50 bucks.

This the pigtail I want to get for it then?

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/1626

Thanks
Old 07-18-2012, 01:07 AM

Man, it really looks like it. I just can't say. I got the 2.5 bar and pigtail from bmotorsports...honestly I would guess its it.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Rest In Peace

Man, it really looks like it. I just can't say. I got the 2.5 bar and pigtail from bmotorsports...honestly I would guess its it.
I'll print this shot and take it to the auto parts store and see what they can find, if not them, the Dealer. One of them should be able to tell by the numbers.

Name:  470d2e73.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  39.7 KB
Old 07-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Rest In Peace

2 more parts arrived, the new dip stick tube and the ic pump isolator.

Cleaned up some more parts and gave a couple small parts a quicky polish to just shine them up a bit.

I am gonna paint another bracket this evening got it scuffed up and ready for some self etching primer.

Gotta save a few bucks up to order the ZZP Downpipe and a couple harnesses from them, hopefully next week I can order those.

Then it will be time to get my tuning situation figured out, once thats all set I can start Installing all this stuff.

I should have everything all cleaned, painted and polished up this week so everything will be ready to go in.

As long as hhrfreek is available, I will be going to meet him and pick up the Head and some other parts I bought, this weekend.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Rest In Peace

Picked up the parts I bought from hhrfreek this morning.

2.4 Head with - ZZP LE5 Performance Camshafts, ZZP Supertech 78lb Valve Spring Kit, ZZP retainers, Ecotec Viton Valve Seals Installed, Ported Head, Ecotec ARP Headstud Kit.

Name:  ab88658a.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  70.2 KB

6 rib pullys to do the 6 rib conversion and other parts for the Head.

Name:  b4ca8b3f.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  86.7 KB

Old 07-20-2012, 11:17 PM

Good to meet you AP.

My SC stuff sold! Thanks for the bumps.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Rest In Peace

Good to meet you AP.

My SC stuff sold! Thanks for the bumps.
Was nice meeting you, Nice car you got, that thing is pretty Sweet.

Your welcome, hopefully the bumps helped get it Sold for you.

You gave me some nice prices, was the least I could do to help you out.

If you get a chance email that stuff we talked about today.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:05 AM
Rest In Peace

A few things in my ZZP Cart.

Guys who have Supercharged, I need those Harnesses to make the Neatest connections correct? Without hacking into my OEM Harness.

Got the Stock Pully on the M62 should I go 3.1 or a 3.0 with the Cammed Head, Header and Downpipe ? I really don't plan on going crazy small on the pully, unless I bought your Pistons and Rods hhrfreek.

hhrfreek, Lunchbox you guys out there?

I got a couple items (Non HHR related.) on Craigslist as soon as I sell them I can buy these items.

Name:  39363027.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  63.4 KB

Then all thats left are a few Bolts GM says Must be Replaced and NOT Reused, a few Gaskets, and the Tune.

I was at the Mechanics shop Today picking up the Malibu and he says bring Morticia in and she can stay in the shop until I Complete the install and said lets just install it all at once.

I think I want to install the Cammed Head beforehand and just see what that ZZP LE5 Cam Kit really adds alone to the 2.4, just for the hell of it, then do the Supercharger, Bad Mab Header and ZZP Downpipe install and get the Tune.

If all goes well (Items SELL on Craigslist) I hope I can get this going on very Soon.

Quick Reply: Injection is Nice, But.....