Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Iron Man gets chromed ( Again) plus a meesy garage!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:41 AM

Ditto on the tail light rings! Nice fit, but pay attention to the fit since they are marked specifically for each one and really only fit one way on each one too. The taillights look round but they really are not.
I had no problem putting them on once I planned it out and was methodical. I did have more of a hard time with the door handle cups and one is not quite on to my liking.

Good stuff all around though. Race and Street rules!

Funny when I went to our first car meet with the HHR over a year ago some one from the PT club said "Go to Race and Street" . They were of course CORRECT! Once R&S got up to speed on the HHR all is well
Old 07-07-2007, 12:11 PM

Sometimes when you do things the hard way, it gives you more satisfaction. It might cost you a little more, but its only money. Satisfaction in knowing you did it YOUR way is worth so much more.
See ya down the road

Bud-Harvey
Old 07-07-2007, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
Looking good!! As for the garage,I am also guilty of doing what a stand-up comedian referred to as:"Only in America will people have 2 thousand dollars worth of stuff in their garages and a 20 thousand dollar car in the driveway".

Amen to that HB!

Goose
Old 07-07-2007, 08:56 PM

Dibs on the air intake, if shipping won't be rediculous!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:00 AM

Oh how I miss my garage. I will never understand all you clutterbugs
Old 07-08-2007, 07:43 AM

Hey Harpozep...

LOVE THE NEW CHROME ACCENTS ON IRONMAN!!!

Chrome looks really good on complimenting the red.

By the way, been thinking about adding a set of those chrome door cups to my Surf Wagon. Are they marked for each door? Any suggestions for an easy install?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
Hey Harpozep...

By the way, been thinking about adding a set of those chrome door cups to my Surf Wagon. Are they marked for each door? Any suggestions for an easy install?

Yeah, I find chrome and black to be the only real accent colors I like with the red.
The cups look great and accent the car real well. Thanks fer the compliments. I know your ride will benefit from them.

They have markings on the back R on two L on the other two. I kinda went with L being the driver's side and took it from there. The one thing I did do was line up the openings at either end with the natural contour of the handle sill area. the sill is larger towards the front of the car and smaller towards the back if I remember correctly.

If not do the reverse. This made one side have the numbers and letter upside down on the back, but it fit so I did it.

Do a dry prefit prior to the final install and use the enclosed glue actuator for better more solid adhesion.

I'm sure it will make you smile! It makes me use my duster everyday now on Iron Man, where i had lost heart for a while because of all the silly little scratches and such you get with a daily driver But that's what the car is for and darned, I want it to look as good as I can make it

Post some pics when you do it.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
Ditto on the tail light rings! Nice fit, but pay attention to the fit since they are marked specifically for each one and really only fit one way on each one too. The taillights look round but they really are not.
I had no problem putting them on once I planned it out and was methodical. I did have more of a hard time with the door handle cups and one is not quite on to my liking.

Good stuff all around though. Race and Street rules!

Funny when I went to our first car meet with the HHR over a year ago some one from the PT club said "Go to Race and Street" . They were of course CORRECT! Once R&S got up to speed on the HHR all is well
Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
Hey Harpozep...

Originally Posted by Harpozep
Yeah, I find chrome and black to be the only real accent colors I like with the red.
The cups look great and accent the car real well. Thanks fer the compliments. I know your ride will benefit from them.

They have markings on the back R on two L on the other two. I kinda went with L being the driver's side and took it from there. The one thing I did do was line up the openings at either end with the natural contour of the handle sill area. the sill is larger towards the front of the car and smaller towards the back if I remember correctly.

If not do the reverse. This made one side have the numbers and letter upside down on the back, but it fit so I did it.

Do a dry prefit prior to the final install and use the enclosed glue actuator for better more solid adhesion.

I'm sure it will make you smile! It makes me use my duster everyday now on Iron Man, where i had lost heart for a while because of all the silly little scratches and such you get with a daily driver But that's what the car is for and darned, I want it to look as good as I can make it

Post some pics when you do it.
I thought the door cups were much easier. But like you said they are specific too. It was just a matter of putting the wider "cut-out" to the wider part of the handle.

I really like these and I think the look great on the Iron Man!!