Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

My new build

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 09:32 PM

Sweet smell of bondo , fiberglass and wood ..... Yummy
Old 08-11-2013, 12:47 AM

Haha didn't get the smell of bondo quite yet. I would do more work tomorrow but the wife's family rented a boat so I'll be doing that.. -_-

But on the other hand.. I didn't quite get done what I wanted to on this, today. I did get my crossover components in to assemble my crossover. I'm simply experimenting with this center channel to see if I even like it. On with the pics.

I then decided to redo my pillars.. I think I'll like these much better..

Now for my favorite part..

And that's all for now.. hoping I can body fill them this week and get them wrapped.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:54 AM

Moving right along !!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:28 PM

I think this one is ready to wrap! Which will be a fun process.. -_-
Old 08-15-2013, 04:58 PM

They look good. What material will you be using to wrap these?

Do you have the seven snare drum track from Iasca? I could never get it to play flat across the dash with my mids and tweets at that angle. Hopefully that was just mine and won't be the same for yours. I have a friend here that also has an HR with dash mids that has a lessor issue with this but it is still there. They always wanted to play the center behind the rearview mirror and would then come down to the mid location at the ends. No matter what I did I could not get the center to come down to the same level as the other hits. Moving my mids down to the kicks I now have no issue getting my stage to play flat across the dash.

This is from above but imagine flat like this across the dash

Name:  2db7f571.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  100.9 KB

What I would get was more like this but with the center behind the mirror and the ones just to the side of the center heading up there too

Name:  7DrumElevation.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  163.0 KB
Old 08-15-2013, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by 07azhhr
They look good. What material will you be using to wrap these?

Do you have the seven snare drum track from Iasca? I could never get it to play flat across the dash with my mids and tweets at that angle. Hopefully that was just mine and won't be the same for yours. I have a friend here that also has an HR with dash mids that has a lessor issue with this but it is still there. They always wanted to play the center behind the rearview mirror and would then come down to the mid location at the ends. No matter what I did I could not get the center to come down to the same level as the other hits. Moving my mids down to the kicks I now have no issue getting my stage to play flat across the dash.

This is from above but imagine flat like this across the dash

What I would get was more like this but with the center behind the mirror and the ones just to the side of the center heading up there too

I have that disc .... If you tune your system to that track , your stage will be hard right for musical tracks ...
It is well know that track simply does not work . 10 years ago we where told then not to use this track as a reference . You can try , but you will never change my mind about this track . It does not work even on my home system , with a center channel speaker system . I have Klispch Reference all around and Pioneer Elite ICE 27 for power .
Track 1 Ambiance .... Stage should very full , wide and the entire area filled with sound ..... Symphony
Track 6 for mid base , does it draw to the doors ? Or stay well in front and high ?
Track 7 Separation , Two Latin vocals far left and right . Well above dash with guitar
Track 9 Sub base , Where does it pull from ? Pink Panther Rocks , turn it up
Track 12 , Three vocals . Far left , center and Far right ( Do you have a rainbow ? )
Track 14 Trumpet far left and Wood wind far right ,Cymbals high at center
Track 16 , Mid , sub up front , and Female vocal ....

Hate to disagree , but this disc I know very well , and track 17 does not work . Once again , if you tune to this track , you will be hard right musically .....
Greg

Last edited by MsBecky; 08-15-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Eric B

I think this one is ready to wrap! Which will be a fun process.. -_-
I did one of mine today that was ready for paint . I should have painted it .
I really suck at applying vinyl . When it come to applying that material . My desire and imagination far exceeds my skills .
I can build bending rail with metal balusters , spiral stairs and birds eye maple cabinets . But for the life of me I cannot wrap a present for Christmas morning .... I jacked up my a-pillar wrapping project .....
Best of luck to you Eric B....
Old 08-15-2013, 09:52 PM

Well I guess I'll find out when I ply them next time around.. lol My amps dont come in for another few weeks and I'm ordering my sub sometime here soon :)
Old 08-15-2013, 10:11 PM

Before this track my stage was not so great. This track helped me to realize why my stage seemed to start at the rearview mirror then pan down and up insted of forward and back. Now that my mids are in my kicks things are so much better. The stage is flat across the dash and has verticle cues and forward back ques. This track actually helps me set my TA and get each set of speakers aligned to one another. I am not hard right at all. It plays the left center and right perfectly. Midbass and sub bass all from the dash centered with the rest of the center stage. Stage is very full and VERY accurate.

When I use this I use it soley for fine tune TA adjustments and it lets me see the stage shape and size very well. I do all the other things first. It allows me to easily tell when one side is compressed while the other may be open, it allows me see when the stage is climbing up the dash on one side and dropping down on the other.

I should add that along with all the tracks you mentioned sounding correct I have a Focal setup disc too that has a tape measure being rolled out across the dash in one direction then the other. This plays perfectly flat from the either side of the stage to the other. then it also has a couple tracks with an instrument being played as the musician walks across the stage. these also stay flat and move appropriately.

I understand that you do not like this track but it has worked wonders for me. To each their own.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:32 PM

Well I haven't updated in awhile. Been a little busy. But over this time I went and seen Toto and was an amazing concert, one of the best I've been too.

Name:  20130820_221056_zps73b8853f.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  40.8 KB

Also got one of my pillars wrapped. :)
Name:  pillars_zpsc0eeaa8f.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  46.7 KB

Quick Reply: My new build