Featured HHR Submissions Featured HHR submissions, voting, and showcasing.

June 2010 Featured HHR | DSNYCRZE

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:25 PM

Congrats! Beautifull HHR! Watch out for all those Mickey's. Disney has a thing for taking IP! I know this having worked for them years ago.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Congrats! Beautifull HHR! Watch out for all those Mickey's. Disney has a thing for taking IP! I know this having worked for them years ago.
We cant help ourselves ... We just love any thing Disney and The Mouse, oh and Tinkerbell too. LOL
Old 06-26-2010, 01:53 PM

Oh and my favorite color. I just purchase a deep grey 2009 (I had to buy used - money issue). That's an incredible rig you have and I particularly like the headlights. May I ask where you got those cool (literally) flames? I want to spruce mine up (unfortunately I have little money right now).

I also wonder if you've consider running boards. I try to visualize on your cool car and I'm unsure. I have running boards on mine but, although I like how they look, I keep banging my calf against them when I get out.

Regardless, I'm studying how to clay and detail and I've been eyeballing spoilers and such. Thank you sooooooo much for providing the incredible inspiration! I'd like to add pinstriping (sp?) or something to mine ... not sure what yet. The deep gray is nice but kinda boring. Cool headlight flames and what next? Ideas for a woman on tight budget to make it look unique?
Old 06-26-2010, 03:43 PM

First off, Welcome To Our Family Time °o°. Good to see you asking questions on this site.

Thanks for the nice compliments. I got goose bumps knowing that I have inspired you to do some mods to your HHR. You'll find that its really FUN to customize your HHR to your individuallity/personallity.

Putting the flames on the headlights were I think, one of the first things we did to it. They are vinyl diecut decals that we got from ebay as they were inexpensive. They really cool looking when just the parking/yellow lights are on.

As for adding running boards ... We have recently added them, and we are really happy as they kinda complete the overall look of the HHR. We are still getting used to stepping out of the vehicle without banging our legs. Also they help prevent the dreaded rear fender rock chips. Check our thread we started on this project. https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods-exterior-55/new-look-new-running-boards-30119/

You'll find that clay baring/polishing/waxing your HHR will give you great satisfaction with the work you have done, just step back and 'soak it all in' and enjoy. There are quite a few of us female HHR owners here on the site that like to do their own work on their HHRs for their own personal touch.

Just remember to ask questions and have FUN with what ever you do to your HHR.