General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Auto to manual swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by OshawaHHRss
you just have to turn the transmission off in the tune. Changing the gearing doesn’t have anything to do with your tune with a m/t
I have everything I need because I have a complete donor car. I went to start swapping pedals and realized there are no wires for the clutch pedal sensors. I have the manual trans computer and everything but really don't want to swap out the harness under the dash. My question is, either way, I will need to reprogram the computer to hide those sensors. Should I use the manual computer or the auto? And how hard\how much would a reprogram cost? Thanks
Old 03-13-2022, 03:03 PM

It’s been done. Trouble is HHR manuals are rare compared to automatics, although you can fish for Cobalt parts too. Also, the automatic is pretty durable. Pretty sure a guy here did an SS, but that was a highly modded drag machine that destroyed any available automatic. Probably 3-4x your horsepower. Haven’t seen him lately. Oshawa something. If you can handle a lot of idiocy you could lurk the farcebook HHR groups, especially “HHR Performance Mods” or something like that.

But seriously, no way is it worth the trouble. Enjoy watcha got.
Old 03-12-2023, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Timbo
I have everything I need because I have a complete donor car. I went to start swapping pedals and realized there are no wires for the clutch pedal sensors. I have the manual trans computer and everything but really don't want to swap out the harness under the dash. My question is, either way, I will need to reprogram the computer to hide those sensors. Should I use the manual computer or the auto? And how hard\how much would a reprogram cost? Thanks
Theres 2 ways to do it. You can loop the tan wires from the plug at the front of the tranny, set the gear selector in neutral, raise neutral rev limit to redline. That will work with the auto computer and engine harness. Or you can swap to a manual computer and engine harness and run a wire to the clutch position lead on the ecm plug. You’ll need to feed it with 5v reference. I borrowed mine from the sunlight sensor. Everything works as if it came from the factory with a 5 speed