General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Former rentals

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 07:19 AM

My 2010 was a rental, it had 8040 miles on it when I test drove it. It is a LT with running boards, roof rack, metallic red paint, satellite radio and OnStar. I suspect my wife's 09 was a rental also. Hers was a GM certified and I have never checked, it had 9337miles on it. Both have been good vehicles. The Corolla I traded in was a rental with 16,000 miles when we bought it and it had over 186,000 when we traded it in on mine.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:45 AM

My 2011 was a rental. I forget which company, maybe Avis. Its not an LS or an LT, its a "nothing". No badging for the model. It is a basic HHR, no added goodies.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:04 AM

OUr 2008 is a rental return, had 19,000 miles, but we've had over 100,000 of problem free driving (except when the local gas station filled the 87 octane gas storage tank with diesel, took out O2 sensors and cat). It's a plain version without a lot of bells and whistles which was exactly what we wanted. (took the hub caps off that were peeling paint, like the look of the LT wheels better).

One problem we had was when crossing the border into Canada (we live in Blaine WA, 5 miles from the international border) the border agents kept asking us if it was our car cause when they punched in the license number it was still coming up as a rental, so got a new license plate.

(btw - I much prefer frequent posting rather than using the search feature. Usually that info is old and takes away the opportunity to interact with all the veterans and newbies. However, there is a lot of good info in the SF, and I do use it, but much prefer to be up to date on everything.

I always learn something from the various subjects posted instead of the just the one thing listed in the search feature. And its real interesting to hear fellow HHR'ers experiences, problems and how they solved the problem. We always find new ways to do that, which the SF can't help with.

I'm a member of the Vintage Chevy Van Club and although we have a search feature, we hardly use it, which gives us a chance to interact with each other, have great relationships with each other and help each other with advice and hard to find parts.. We've got some top notch mechanics who always help out us hammer mechanics, plus we get involved with each others personal lives and experience their ups and downs and give them support to help them thru their crises.

It just seems a cold snub to me when it is suggested I use the search feature, but that's just me, it makes me reluctant to visit the site again.

I'm not sure wishing you all a Merry Christmas can be found on the search, feature, so Merry Christmas!!!!!!)
Old 12-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by amcford
My 2011 was a rental. I forget which company, maybe Avis. Its not an LS or an LT, its a "nothing". No badging for the model. It is a basic HHR, no added goodies.
It's gotta be something.
LS, LT or SS were the only trims offered. Someone apparently debadged it at some point after it left the factory.
Look in the glovebox for the RPO sticker codes. It will tell you what it really is.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:28 AM

My red 2011 was a rental before i got it with 11,625.

Except for throttle body at bout 20k and reverse band at 97K. its been trouble free.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:54 AM

Angry

Originally Posted by LVJJJ
(btw - I much prefer frequent posting rather than using the search feature. Usually that info is old and takes away the opportunity to interact with all the veterans and newbies. However, there is a lot of good info in the SF, and I do use it, but much prefer to be up to date on everything.

I always learn something from the various subjects posted instead of the just the one thing listed in the search feature. And its real interesting to hear fellow HHR'ers experiences, problems and how they solved the problem. We always find new ways to do that, which the SF can't help with.

I'm a member of the Vintage Chevy Van Club and although we have a search feature, we hardly use it, which gives us a chance to interact with each other, have great relationships with each other and help each other with advice and hard to find parts.. We've got some top notch mechanics who always help out us hammer mechanics, plus we get involved with each others personal lives and experience their ups and downs and give them support to help them thru their crises.

It just seems a cold snub to me when it is suggested I use the search feature, but that's just me, it makes me reluctant to visit the site again.

I'm not sure wishing you all a Merry Christmas can be found on the search, feature, so Merry Christmas!!!!!!)

+1

Sometimes when a new thread is posted, somebody will post something that hasn't been mentioned before. Sometimes I will find something similar but not exactly the same so I'll start a new thread looking for more precise information. On most of the forums I post to (and I am a member of dozens of forums) nobody cares if you start a new thread about something that has been discussed in the past. My opinion is that there is no such thing as too much information and that more information is better than less information.

I have a 1998 Cavalier that the HHR replaced and that I'm trying to sell and the main J body forum is like that. If somebody asks a question there's always a jerk who posts a screenshot with the search feature circled. It makes one not even want to bother asking any questions because that sort of thing makes me feel unwelcome. I avoided that site for that very reason and only posted once or twice. For the most part, this forum is not like that but there are a few members who aren't very friendly. Thankfully they are a loud minority and most of the posters have been very helpful.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:04 AM

Question

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
It's gotta be something.
LS, LT or SS were the only trims offered. Someone apparently debadged it at some point after it left the factory.
Look in the glovebox for the RPO sticker codes. It will tell you what it really is.
I've seen numerous HHRs with no model identification. I don't know if they have been de-badged or if there is some other reason they don't say "LS", "LT", or "SS". Some of them have the flexfuel badge but no trim level logos.

I always note if the car has running boards or not. The cheaper ones tend to not have them. The cars with running boards look better than the ones without them to me.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Mines an LS 2.2, came with running boards , so it must be that box was checked on the order sheet, and not a part of a package only. I've seen two 2LT's without running boards.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:14 AM

Running boards were initially an option only on all models. I think towards the end of the run they made them standard to probably clear out inventory.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by bugo
I've seen numerous HHRs with no model identification. I don't know if they have been de-badged or if there is some other reason they don't say "LS", "LT", or "SS". Some of them have the flexfuel badge but no trim level logos.

I always note if the car has running boards or not. The cheaper ones tend to not have them. The cars with running boards look better than the ones without them to me.
My 2009 1LT Panel doesnt have the LT badge or the Panel badge.
It does have the HHR badge that rides a little high and the flex fuel.