General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

General Thoughts on the HHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:55 AM

I'm 6'2" and I have enough room to pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by iwannaHHR
We've put about 2500 miles on the HHR and love it. My only 2 gripes are:

1) I wish it didn't have the 'door lock pull' mounted on top of the window seal. It's hell in drive throughs.

2) I wish it had center console storeage with usable cup holders.
The doorlock posts are perhaps a "retro" feature--almost all cars had them many years ago but with the advent of frameless windows, which were the rage some years back, those posts made them TOO easy to break into (thief needed a wire coathanger & 10 seconds). So they kinda went by the wayside. However, I don't know why the HHR posts stick up so high even in "locked" position. You have a point there.

As for #2 that sounds like one the aftermarket will surely address.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by sbljr
The doorlock posts are perhaps a "retro" feature--almost all cars had them many years ago but with the advent of frameless windows, which were the rage some years back, those posts made them TOO easy to break into (thief needed a wire coathanger & 10 seconds). So they kinda went by the wayside. However, I don't know why the HHR posts stick up so high even in "locked" position. You have a point there.

As for #2 that sounds like one the aftermarket will surely address.
I'm hoping for an aftermarket solution for the console but the doorlock post is just something I'll have to get use to.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by iwannaHHR
I'm hoping for an aftermarket solution for the console but the doorlock post is just something I'll have to get use to.
You can buy stubby door locks, and trim the rod to your desired length. Best of all they can be found by one of our supporting vendors. Here is a link.

http://thehhrstore.com/Merchandise.html
Old 08-20-2007, 05:03 PM

You know, they could remove the armrests and add a center console with storage. We had something similar on an Isuzu Trooper and it was very useful and comfortable.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
You can buy stubby door locks, and trim the rod to your desired length. Best of all they can be found by one of our supporting vendors. Here is a link.

http://thehhrstore.com/Merchandise.html
Thanks for the link. The doorlock posts don't bother me cuz I don't generally go to fast food drive up places these days (neither wife nor I like to eat that way but that's just us). OTOH I can see how they might be a little annoying for those who do.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:00 PM

I love just about everything on it. It is taking awhile to go from a 350 V8 to a 2.2l 4 banger! So on things i don't really love yet:
No power
bad airflow sounds
I bottom out now
I can't see signals anymore!

Things I love:
The gas mileage
the stereo
4 doors for my kids
the room
and everything else but was listed up top!!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:36 PM

What I like about my 07 HHR Panel. 2800 miles so far.

1. It's a Panel.
2. I get 24 MPG around town, 30 MPG Highway.
3. Fit and Finish (great under 20K out the door).
4. Gets lots of compliments.
5. A/C blows cold quickly.
6. Got it for under 20K out the door.
7. Has a lot of potential for great mods.

What I don't like

1. Blind spot to the right.
2. Recommended Premium Fuel
3. Does not have a conventional overhead dome light.
4. Gets compliments, but some people think it's a PT.
5. Can't run the fan on recirculation without the A/C on.
6. The little round plastic stop on the seat belt to prevent the latch from sliding down the belt when it is not in use is on backwards and keeps snagging against my belt buckle. I'll have to pull it off and glue it back together. 99% of owners won't have this problem unless the are exactly my height and weight and have their seats in the exact same position.
7. Grille pits easily. Wish the factory grille was real metal. Need to drive slower and further away from the car ahead of me.
8. Location of window switches under the center stack. Rather have it on the doors. Don't care about the switches not being lite. The tiny LED dome light illuminates them enough.
9. Wish I had more time to explore the potential for great mods.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:26 PM

After 24 hours with my new 07 HHR

I can already easily add crappy cup holders and trying to buckle my seat belt is a pain unless you bump up the arm rest.

My hubby complained about the windage (is that a word?) when you have the windows the entire way down. Has anyone noticed this? and do or would window vents solve this issue.

I LOVE how sharp the HHR looks and around central PA I haven't hardly seen any yet.