General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

MPG & Maintenance Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:13 PM

Smile HHR Repairs

I've owned my HHR for 28 months, jusst 45 miles shy of the 36,000 warranty mark.
Rotor's have been refaced 3 X to date and need it again. I've decided to pick up a pair of the drilled / slotted replacement rotors by spring time. I'll also relace the pads at the same time.
Other than having the service engine light on twice for injector replacment no problems. I understand the 06's with the 2.4 are known for the injector problem in this area ???
Normal wear item's like the oil & filters every 3500 miles, I'll need to replace the tires by spring as well. Maybe time for a different set of wheels to.
I drive mostly country roads and get avg. of 28 MPG, highway I can get it up to 33 by using the cruise most of the trip.
I'd go for the HHR again.
Good luck
Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 PM

Had my HHR since O6, had no problems with it. keep the maintenance up according to the DIC oil change, and recommended schedule. As far as mpg, it varied from season to season and what fuel I put in. On long trips you do not always have the option of putting in the sam gas make all the time. I have pulled in at times 35mpg (interstate) with one gas, and as low as 29 with another. around town, anywhere from 18 to 23.

Lots of luck on your choice
Old 02-06-2008, 04:20 AM

I get 27mpg. Thats mostly highway and a bit of town/city. As far as repairs, I have not had any issues yet but like any car/truck, there are going to be a percentage of problem units so I bought the extended warranty that cover everything on it after the 3/36 part runs out. Sure the drive train is covered for 5/100, but there is so much that can got wrong or wear out because everything is made to light today for better mileage that they wear out fast (front end parts, lightweight brake rotors)

As a company, I am sure you can buy a policy that will give you a loaner as well when repair is needed.

Most people only vist foums when they have a problem, not praise for something. If your car is running great, you don't give it a second thought do you?

The point was made that there are thousands of these HHR's out there, only a very few visit here, and like most forums, I find that there are a few types of people that will post and they are:

1) Someone wanting info. be it repair or general questions.
2) Someone who LOVES their car (or whatever the forum may be about)
3) Someone that wants to complain, endlessly about something.

What I see here is 90% people that love their HHR's and a 10% looking for answers to problems that may have popped up on them. What better place to that!? I love it here and I love my HHR.

Welcome and Good luck with your fleet!