General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Share your purchase stories

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:44 PM

These are GREAT stories!!

Thanks for starting the thread Smoke Wagon!!

Excellent idea!!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:05 PM

In 2006 had my Caravan,which I bought used. After 5yrs of it, driving back to PA with it, I racked it up to about 275,000 miles. (it had high miles to begin). I did love it for travel, and hauling my dogs around, but last yr I started to get around 9.5 to 10mpg hwg. YIKES!!

So I started my search for a decent used minivan again, cost were high for used, and out of my reach for what I wanted on a new one. I remember seeing the HHR in a dealers lot in town, but the did not have any at the time I was looking. I did some searching on the web, found a dealer in Omaha that had 16 on the of them. Wanted the Blue, but it was standard, (haveing one knee rebuilt, and arthritis in both makes it hard to shift) so I got the Red metalic. I had financing already, but the dealership got me a better deal on the interest rate, drove it home that day.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:50 PM

I'll share my story since today it turned into a whopper. My first encounter with seeing an HHR was in Sturgis MS attending a bike rally. It was the orange color and definitely caught everyone's eye as it creeped down the street with the bikes. "I'll have me one of those one day" I said to myself. Last May I whipped into the dealership and spotted the first in line - Sport Red Metallic 1LT with everything that I wanted. Test drove it, came back, did up the paperwork and it was mine. I havent regretted it at all. Now the good part. At this point in time it is just the dealer's word against mine but I filed a notice with the local Better Business Bureau due to shady deal tactics. By that, the dealer did everything he was supposed to do "except" tell me the fine print line that, the bank I financed with will charge a FEE if you pay the loan off ahead of time. That was never told to me or explained. If I had heard that, do you think I'd have signed those papers? So today, I went and payed off the HHR along with $497.00 in fees for early payment. What a ripoff!! I proceeded to tell the BBB of the dealer's shady dealings in this matter and I felt it was their responsibility to refund that $497 to me as a resolution. All I got was the sign here, here, and here - do you want the extended insurance crap and out the door I was pushed. I love the HHR and dont regret getting it. I do hate the way the dealer handled this matter. All the bank had to say was, "You signed the contract." Yeah I did but this aint over yet.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:29 PM
ecl

I had always wanted an HHR the moment I saw it but figured they would be to exspesive and with out really looking at them I had purchased a used 02 Saturn. Well then I was roamming around alot with a friend looking for a 4x4 and noticed a few used HHRs went to look and then I asked what it would take to get one in with the AA5 option and that question totally threw the guy off until I explained it an said he had one on the lot. Took it for a test drive and then left thinking things over and wondering if I really needed a new car. Well went back an hour later to run the numbers and drove of the lot with a better deal than I had thought I could get so I couldnt pass up the deal and been loving it since then.