General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sleeping in an HHR.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 AM

So, Drifter....does the origional question and the screen name coincide? :)
Old 07-13-2010, 08:51 AM

As for screening how about some cheap magnetic strips from the local hobby store and glue some screening to it.......

I would think you could place the mag tape around the window to get the fit just right, then glue the screen right to it. if you want the screen glued to the underside of the mag strip after they are done just swap the left and right sides.

Just an idea...........
Old 07-13-2010, 03:34 PM

Happy Camper!

I recently camped out in my HHR. I have a 'twin' size air- matress & it fit back there pretty well. I dropped the seats & laid everything out & slept like a baby. P.S. Love the 'Panel' for privacy. My height: 5'-9"
Old 07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Banned

Smoot, you got it. I was a military brat, then inlisted myself and after becoming a civi again lots of travel around the world by car truck plane ship and motorcycles so yes sir Drifter fits!

Another good idea with the magnetic tape HHo!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:32 AM

I've slept in my HHR a few times. Just got 6" foam cut it out, and wolah!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by HHorange
As for screening how about some cheap magnetic strips from the local hobby store and glue some screening to it.......

I would think you could place the mag tape around the window to get the fit just right, then glue the screen right to it. if you want the screen glued to the underside of the mag strip after they are done just swap the left and right sides.
You do not need to attach the screen to the strips. The sceen just lies "under" the strip.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:02 PM

That's funny that this thread exists, I was just talking about this with my GF the other night. A good way to save some money when road-tripping/camping/etc.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by spirited driver
That's funny that this thread exists, I was just talking about this with my GF the other night. A good way to save some money when road-tripping/camping/etc.
My trip across the USA was along the 10 freeway from California to the southern tip of Florida, north to Chicago, then criss-crossed my way south-west back toward California while avoiding the huge storm that had hit Colorado in December 2006/January 2007
I have the window vent visors which really helped to be able to open the windows a couple of inches to allow fresh air into my HHR. The problem I had was even though it was the dead of winter and freezing cold outside, it still got warm in the car. There was a lot of condensation on the rear quarter windows.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:10 PM

Any additional take on the possible effect of idling the car all night? Never would have considered that till it was mentioned. Then again probably would have never left the ac going either due to not wanting to use the gas but that math sure beats a hotel room.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:44 AM

Several websites have a tent that goes over the rear. I just saw one on autotrucktoys.com , and I have seen it on other sites.

Quick Reply: Sleeping in an HHR.