General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:45 AM
Administrator

I want to know what paint , Eve used for the raised white letters on the tires, it might be a viable way to paint a set of wide white walls on my next set of summer tires !

Well I drove the HHR up to sit with Sweetie, they started her treatment yesterday and she heard quite a few phones from the nurses playing Fredie Mercury at 6 pm!
Thank you to any of you that did play it for her!

Today is more of the same, I have some little fall yard work to do, then cruise back to Hamilton for a few hours with her!
Old 09-26-2015, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I want to know what paint , Eve used for the raised white letters on the tires, it might be a viable way to paint a set of wide white walls on my next set of summer tires !

I bought some Paint Pens on e-bay....they don't work as well as what I used to buy in a bottle years ago (and apply with a regular brush) but its all I could find. I bought 2 pens at $3.69 each...one pen did the two HHR tires and almost finished 2 on the PT Cruiser. I got one left to do the fronts next weekend. I guess time will tell if it sticks good....about 7 years ago Eve lettered the tires on our Corvette...the paint lifted after one trip around the block...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181687142638?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=480640930189&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 09-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Thanks, looks like I'll have to contact my old friend Corey Coker for a set of WWW for my red rally rims!
Old 09-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Deceased

Many thanks for the link CorvetteMongo! Ordered up two to try on the '06 Daily Driver, since it "inherits" the retired Tiger Paw GTZ's from Paddy when they've had the "Goody" worn out of them autocrossing.

Losing the "Goody" from a set of tires is old timey Southern Racing talk, a fresh set of tires on a race car will give you five to ten laps of feeling like Superman until the "Goody" wears off of them. Meaning they have lost that new tire stickiness that you get until they get to temperature and the rubber goes a bit harder as it finishes that last little bit of curing it didn't do in the molds.

I played "We Are The Champions" on the i-Phone before my flight home yesterday Oldblue, and I blasted it in the '06 heading up I-85 from the airport, we're all thinking about your Sweetie...and we know she'll kick cancer's a...err...butt.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Administrator

I'm thinking for all our friends and family who are dealing with a loved one in the hospital or hospice or where ever, with any ailment every Friday we all crank that tune for all those we love and want to be there for!!!!
How about on Mondays at 6 pm a loud , "We're Not Gonna Take IT" from Twisted Sister!!!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=we're...&client=safari
Old 09-27-2015, 08:47 AM
Deceased

A great idea Oldblue, let's just hope that Donald Trump's people don't hit us with a "Cease & Desist Order" here in the States. Twisted Sister has licensed that song exclusively to Trump's campaign for commercials, live appearances, and merchandising.

So unless and until I get a "Grumpy Gram" from the Donald's Lawyers, lets crank it at 6pm on every Monday, not just for Helen, but for everyone fighting this damned disease that took my Mom and so many others like our own CJ Krause much too soon.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:11 PM

I'm STILL Keeping it.

I kept it!
9 1/2 years and it's still mine.
Every time I think about trading... I realize all I'm doing is spending more more $ and probably NOT getting something that I will still like after 10 years. WHY SPEND IT??
She looks like new has NEVER required a mechanic except for tires, brakes & fluid changes. Still has the original battery!!
Wife has a new SKR Caddy and I have to choose between the HHR, my 01 Ranger EDGE, or my '84 Rabbit Convt for transportation. Wife says I should sell all but one... I'll just turn up the TV volume and answer..."What dear?".
YUP! Still Got her and goin to keep HHR!
Old 09-27-2015, 08:14 PM

Nice looking Spring Edition Da Bunny Rabbit. !

With that track record i wouldnt be getting rid of it either.!

As for as my did ~ I pulled the roof bars off, with the thought of painting them black
before spring. Well they are gonna be fun to get back on. One of the screw's pockets in the roof is just spinning around and around.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Try this trick on that spinning rivet nut,
thread a nut onto a bolt that fits in the rivet nut
Thread that bolt into the rivet nut finger tight
Hold the bolt with the correct size wrench
Gently thread the nut off the bolt using the correct size wrench
This should compress the rivet nut more and tighten it to the roof skin.

As for my today, a ride to the hospital to visit with Sweetie!
She is very positive and seems to have accepted that other patients tales of how they handled their side effects to their chemotherapy.
I know that with my sense of humour, I still won't play
Take the skinheads bowling!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=take+...&client=safari
Old 09-27-2015, 11:58 PM
Platinum Member

Good trick there Oldblue - I'll try and remember that for the rivet nuts that hold the support legs for the motorcycle tent trailer.

And keep hanging in there and keep that smile going for you and your sweetie.

Me - checked out the front brakes (tell-tale starting to make a wee bit of noise) - found pads getting down to replacement point, so swapped in a set of slightly used pads - test drive = good brakes, nice and straight, and no noise. Will pick up new pads when states-side next. Good job me.

260,000+ Km so far. T/C light coming on intermittently when being a bit heavy on the gas - but otherwise still rolling.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?