General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Well Sweetie and I cranked it loud and proud, today! I think we woke Freddie Mercury up!!
Hear you Monday at 18:00 , if the ringing in my ears stops by then!

I contacted Borla and made an offer on that cat back but they will not ship to Canada!
What like we don't have a UPS up here? A shame they blow off a lot of business north of the border!

Last edited by Oldblue; 11-14-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:14 PM

changed the oil and filter today, then I took a nap, then drove to JIB and had a burger for lunch
Old 11-14-2015, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Today a wash and oil change a grease and tire rotation!
and while my friend Dan is at it adjust the rear drum brakes
Old 11-14-2015, 06:38 PM

It wasn't today, it was mid week, but I blew the engine in my daily driver HHR It ran out of oil, and it is no leaks and was nowhere close to needing an oil change. So today I change my engine, it only took 6 hours and they do fit through the top with the hood off!

I'm happy I got it done with no issues, but not so happy the other one ran out of oil, with no warning, not even the oil light came on.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:20 PM
Deceased

Angry Dirty Rotten Stinkin' Rat B*stards!!!

Well I'm less than happy with Humanity right now, actually I'd be driving around town with "The Equalizer" AKA a Louisville Slugger baseball bat if I had any inkling of who broke into the '06.

We decided to head out tonight to see the 8:45 showing of "The Peanuts Movie" to have a laugh or two after a month that brought a cancer diagnosis to my wife Michelle, a mastectomy, and now four weeks of Chemo that started on Friday.

The movie is pretty good if you're interested, the humor that sailed over Dusty's head had us laughing, so "Big People" will also like it too. Although neither Michelle or I will ever truly grow up, because Grown-Ups have less fun.

But as we neared the 'Ol Daily Driver parked in the Amtrak Station parking lot across from the Gem Theatre, Dusty spoke up first "Mommy, Daddy, somebody broked the window on our T'uck!"

Yeah they sure did, some inbred, brain damaged, miserable, rat b*stard or b*stards popped the right front window out. They had a grand old time, glove box contents strewn all over, dash-top cubbyhole contents scattered about, sunvisors pulled down, and Dusty's car seat stolen by slashing the seatbelts. And to top it off, they went after the ignition with a dent puller/slide hammer, so the steering column is toast.

I'm feeling nauseous right now, and I am in a place mentally that would make me very prone to beating the crap out of the person or persons who did this.

So our '06 left on a flatbed for Concord Auto Body where KPD detectives will have the crime scene folks go over it, then Nationwide is sending an adjuster on Monday morning to look it over before they OK the repairs, it's not totalled but the bill will probably top $2,000-$2,500.

A big thank you to Sgt. Watkins of the KPD Patrol Division for bringing us home, and for the "Police Officer" Teddy Bear which helped Dusty's tears turn into a smile.

So now the herd has been thinned to Paddy the '07, and the '11 2LT. Sorry for ranting and raving gang, but things like this just don't happen in Kannapolis, or at least they didn't happen here once.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:40 AM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, just be glad no one was hurt...probably some meth-heads looking to finance their next fix.
Don't expect any help from the cops...they have "better" things to do than solve a crime, or the insurance either for that matter...you'll be lucky to get half the bill paid from them.
I speak from experience on both issues....
Old 11-15-2015, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
Well I'm less than happy with Humanity right now, actually I'd be driving around town with "The Equalizer" AKA a Louisville Slugger baseball bat if I had any inkling of who broke into the '06.

We decided to head out tonight to see the 8:45 showing of "The Peanuts Movie" to have a laugh or two after a month that brought a cancer diagnosis to my wife Michelle, a mastectomy, and now four weeks of Chemo that started on Friday.

The movie is pretty good if you're interested, the humor that sailed over Dusty's head had us laughing, so "Big People" will also like it too. Although neither Michelle or I will ever truly grow up, because Grown-Ups have less fun.

But as we neared the 'Ol Daily Driver parked in the Amtrak Station parking lot across from the Gem Theatre, Dusty spoke up first "Mommy, Daddy, somebody broked the window on our T'uck!"

Yeah they sure did, some inbred, brain damaged, miserable, rat b*stard or b*stards popped the right front window out. They had a grand old time, glove box contents strewn all over, dash-top cubbyhole contents scattered about, sunvisors pulled down, and Dusty's car seat stolen by slashing the seatbelts. And to top it off, they went after the ignition with a dent puller/slide hammer, so the steering column is toast.

I'm feeling nauseous right now, and I am in a place mentally that would make me very prone to beating the crap out of the person or persons who did this.

So our '06 left on a flatbed for Concord Auto Body where KPD detectives will have the crime scene folks go over it, then Nationwide is sending an adjuster on Monday morning to look it over before they OK the repairs, it's not totalled but the bill will probably top $2,000-$2,500.

A big thank you to Sgt. Watkins of the KPD Patrol Division for bringing us home, and for the "Police Officer" Teddy Bear which helped Dusty's tears turn into a smile.

So now the herd has been thinned to Paddy the '07, and the '11 2LT. Sorry for ranting and raving gang, but things like this just don't happen in Kannapolis, or at least they didn't happen here once.
Wow, you really went all out to one up me! J/K

I'm sorry to hear about the B n E with your truck, there is nothing more infuriating, then having personal property damaged by useless low life thugs.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:34 AM
Administrator

sorry for your issues with pond scum!! 843de , but nice to hear you're all ok!
I hope that Nationwide is on your side!! an '06 with that many miles and age might just be a W/O. make sure they cut you a check and that you get to keep the HHR. your panel project may supply the bits and pieces to get the old DD back in shape!

at least Michelle and Dusty got to enjoy family time with you!!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Deceased

The door glass is relatively cheap, so is the ignition switch/key cylinder, but they just had to take a "Slap Hammer" in Southern-ese to the steering column. If Nationwide totals it out, I'll buy it back, put it on an "R" title and continue my original plan of running it 'till the wheels pop off.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck with Law Enforcement there CorvetteMongo, but our Police Department has a well deserved reputation for being folks you don't get on the bad side of.

What really put me in a black mood was seeing how upset Dusty was, he's a little Motorhead and he is taking this personally.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:47 PM

I got it all tucked away for the winter...pulled the battery out and that is now sitting in our bedroom in a box with the bike's battery...and removed the seats to take in for the custom upholstery...at least it has the company of our Motorcycle for those long cold months...

This Is The New Custom Seat....Actually I just needed something to sit on while getting it inside.

Name:  SmallPB141888.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  236.9 KB

Here It Is All Set For The Long Cold Winter....The Seats Will Be Going To The Upholstery Shop Next Friday....Going To Get Bright Red Diamond-Pleat In The Center Section And A Bit On The Headrests Too I Think.

Name:  SmallPB141890.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  233.7 KB

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?