General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by [B
This morning I will Wax my Panel with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax, it was introduced this year so I have not used this one before.[/B]
A pure synthetic polymer. Supposedly long lasting, water sheds off well, easy on easy wipe off, even in full sun.(shade is recommended tho)

Leaves No white residue on black rubber or plastics.
Let us know how the UW works. Lots of folks on the detailing forums are having streaking issues; others love it. I use Blackfire Wet Diamond and it's awesome. Have also thrown out all my old Megs stuff in favor of two new ones: Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. It's all you need (plus a sealant). Still have #105 and #205 for the tough swirls and RIDs.

Jim
Old 08-28-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
[B]
This morning I will Wax my Panel with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax, it was introduced this year so I have not used this one before.
A pure synthetic polymer. Supposedly long lasting, water sheds off well, easy on easy wipe off, even in full sun.(shade is recommended tho)

Leaves No white residue on black rubber or plastics.

I too purchased Meg Ultimate Liq Wax..on thursday of last week and

waxed my hhr with it. Being my 2011 is still fairly new, was put in

service as a rental Oct 2010 the paint is still shiny. But i was happy

with the Ultimate Wax and the shine i got from it. It went on easy

and came off pretty easy too. I purchased some micro fiber towels

for that process even though it come with a black towel ( not sure if it was

micro fiber or not

With the way i use my HHR it was dusty after the 1st night with no

difference after ultimate wax . It has not rained here since application so

only seeing the dust on my red hhr. . . . .

Hope you got good results using it American and Proud On your

black panel
Old 08-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Deceased

They stayed parked for the second straight day, with my folks driven inland by Irene we've just been entertaining them. It looks like the folks are heading back tomorrow, their neighbors checked out the house and property this afternoon and noted minimal damage. They will need another gazebo though, it was found on the other side of the island, in the middle of the road.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
They stayed parked for the second straight day, with my folks driven inland by Irene we've just been entertaining them. It looks like the folks are heading back tomorrow, their neighbors checked out the house and property this afternoon and noted minimal damage. They will need another gazebo though, it was found on the other side of the island, in the middle of the road.
Glad to hear you and yours came through this OK. I have been following the weather channel. Looks like SC missed most of the worst of it. Is the gazebo covered by the insurance?
Old 08-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Deceased

Yeah its covered I think, they might be able to get it hauled back across the island if SCDot didn't squash it when the cleared the road, its only a gazebo after all. Apart from some siding that peeled off and missing shingles, it sounds like the house is pretty much OK. Give it a couple of weeks and you won't see too many signs that the storm even came through, island dwellers are a tough bunch.

Unfortunately the barrier islands here in NC did get slammed pretty good, and places like Moorehead City will be cleaning up and rebuilding for months to come.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:32 AM

Finally got off my a$$ and started working on the rebuild of my HHR.

Started phase one of my color change.

First I pulled out all of my stereo equipment.

Pulled all of my lower interior plastics today. Washed, scuffed, prepped, primed; and then painted and low-lustre cleared them with SEM products. Went from the grey interior, to satin black.

Just need to go shopping for some faux suede, to do the headliner and pillars.

Then a buddy has some ebony seats to go in there as well, that I'll be putting suede inserts into.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:19 AM

good to news to hear there, 843de . . .

bout your family and property. .
Old 08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by lunchbox
added a little somethin to the ride

Not being a video game player, my first thought was the Travelers Insurance commecials with the dog having nightmares about were he hid his Prize Possession (his bone) and how safe it is there. Their Logo is a Red Umbrella.
Thought maybe you worked there or something.
But a quick Google search revealed it as something to do with a video game.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by jaymz
Let us know how the UW works. Lots of folks on the detailing forums are having streaking issues; others love it. I use Blackfire Wet Diamond and it's awesome. Have also thrown out all my old Megs stuff in favor of two new ones: Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. It's all you need (plus a sealant). Still have #105 and #205 for the tough swirls and RIDs.

Jim
I was aware of the streaking that some have talked about, I applied by hand and wiped it off after doing a few panels with the supplied black micro fiber towel and have no complaints about any type of streaking at all.

Not sure what others are doing wrong to get streaks.

I will be applying a second coat on my hood and see if I notice any difference, if so I will apply a second coat overall. Second coat I will apply with my Porter Cable 7424XP DA Buffer, and wipe it off by hand.

No need to toss out other products, you Paid for them, use them.

As a former body & fender man/auto painter, one product is Not best for all situations so I keep a wide variety of products on hand. Mostly Pro Line products that body shops use. They are more Aggressive than typical DIY store shelf products. And used with a Rotory Buffer, again more aggressive than a DA Buffer is.

I will use Mostly 3M products of cars with Bad paint to begin with. Then will move to the Megs products in both lines, pro and consumer.

I use the gentler Megs stuff on my cars that I have taken care of so no need for the super duty stuff most of the time. First time I detail a car I get, I will use whatever it takes in the least aggressive way to get the results I want.

I have mostly used Carnuba or a Carnuba blend Paste waxes in the past, this is the first time I have tried a pure synthetic liquid "wax" they really aren't a Wax, they are a Sealer really.

Time will tell if I like it or not. Looks good now, lets see how long it Lasts before I become a true believer or not.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by HHR~SS~Panel

I too purchased Meg Ultimate Liq Wax..on thursday of last week and

waxed my hhr with it. Being my 2011 is still fairly new, was put in

service as a rental Oct 2010 the paint is still shiny. But i was happy

with the Ultimate Wax and the shine i got from it. It went on easy

and came off pretty easy too. I purchased some micro fiber towels

for that process even though it come with a black towel ( not sure if it was

micro fiber or not

With the way i use my HHR it was dusty after the 1st night with no

difference after ultimate wax . It has not rained here since application so

only seeing the dust on my red hhr. . . . .

Hope you got good results using it American and Proud On your

black panel
Thanks, I had no streaking issues and used the supplied black micro fiber towel they supplied.
Gonna second coat the Hood today and if I notice a difference I will second coat the whole thing.

Looks good now, Time will tell if I like it or not overall.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?