General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Deceased

Congrats on the new job Allex!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:17 AM
geg

Originally Posted by 843de
That's cool Andrey, maybe you can track him or her down and get them signed up here.

As for me today, I had a deer jump over Boo Boo on the way to work, how he cleared me I'll never know but he did hit the antenna on the way over because I heard it go "twang".

Apart from some dirt clumps on the roof there was no damage except to my nerves, I'll be taking the nice overcrowded and "safe" interstate home tonight. Only the careening semi trucks, drunks, idiots, and myopic tweeting twits to worry about on I-85.
Yes, Mike. Drivers of the rare cars can stop to get acquainted and discuss issues directly on the road - a normal phenomenon in our area. The next time I take the opportunity, of course I will invite him to this forum (if it does not come himself).
Incidentally, the Russian guy there on this forum - it's a great Keeper. A good man and a true enthusiast. Unfortunately, living far away from me. (Minsk, Belarus).
Your story about Bambi .. I am glad that there is no loss.
And I'm glad that around your town a lot of meat. "The Сrisis - come! We will not die of hunger!"
Old 12-06-2011, 09:11 AM
geg

Originally Posted by SS fan
Andrey, your town looks big where is your pad ? Lots of lakes around you too.http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ft...rUWSmQkvNyEwtw
Mike, good thing you didn't leave the house with out that "silver spoon" in your mouth, or was it the rabbit's foot. The deer went over, do you have a sun roof ? We could ask you what is under a buck today ??

Is your antenna a stubby ?

Good news He went over, nice the way you ducked, under.

OT.....I added an up date Vince sent me , we are getting close to perfect, it is hard to believe how much more power it makes, even over the stg1. It is like twice the pull.
You're right, buddy.
Ekaterinburg - a large industrial center. Region - donor, feed himself and other areas of Russia. So it was - in the Soviet Union and in modern history.
Ekaterinburg - the third largest financial center in Russia, Ekaterinburg - the third largest automotive market in Russia, while industrial production - probably the first place since the days of Peter 1.
Under the ground - a real El Dorado. Gold, copper, uranium, aluminum, iron, emeralds. Elements more than in the periodic table of Mendeleev. There's no just oil, pearls and amber.
Unfortunately, the whole this industry has spoiled the environment. Many lakes - but the water is poisoned. Farther south, in the Chelyabinsk region, are very clean lake and warm woods. We rested there. There is also the Polar Urals, but it is very cold and no roads, but the environmental situation is excellent.

amusingly.. I already did a report about Kazan, where I spent two intense (and no lucky) months. But about my hometown is not told.
I got an idea. Let us tell about our citys. Create a theme. I know - many of you live in amazing places.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:14 AM
geg

Originally Posted by asanti
Drove it to my new job this morning. Last job abruptly closed my dept. down on 11/11/11, without considering the 11 yrs of service I gave them, or the 13 my wife gave them (yup, they laid us both off, nice people huh?). Thank God I was lucky enough to get an interview and land another job quickly... Nothing like new job jitters... it's less than what I was making before but I'm happy to have another job.
Glad to hear - that you OK. I wish you success, leisurely and interesting work for good wages.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Premium Member

Sounds good Andrey, we will all be like on tour. What to name the thread ?

Where I would take you when you come visit.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Deceased

Excellent idea on the city thread Andrey, with members spread around the world there are many places represented, from large metropolitan areas to small towns.

As for me, Charlotte and back in Boo Boo. No marauding deer today, just smooth sailing with Dave Brubeck on the stereo this morning, and Mark Knopfler on the way home this afternoon. Nothing like good music overlaid on the soundtrack of a purring 2.4.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Uma

Not much here, work and back. Then a cold beer while dusting it off, and cleaning the wheels. Todd (Uma)
Old 12-06-2011, 08:23 PM

Watched the wife bring the HHR around the bend to the driveway - noticed the driver's low-beam out. Looks like a headlight change tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 PM

Nabbed a set of Ebony and Gray winter HHR mats from the forum classifeds.
Tossed them in tonight,just in time for some nasty weather.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:05 PM

Drove the HHR home. We are under a Winter Weather Advisory until 12 pm tomorrow and there is a chance of snow. Should leave for a fun drive to work in the morning since they never plow or treat the back roads. Thankfully I'm from Chicago so I know how to drive in snow and ice. What I'm worried about is some other idiot that doesn't know how to drive in it running into me. They ALWAYS make the same mistake and hit the BRAKES. You never hit the brakes especially on ice... yet they always do.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?