GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

GM Ignition Recall Extended to All HHR's 2006-2011 UPDATED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
There are some details that led to the initial Banning involving a personal attack upon a member of the site's Administration.

The initial banishment may have been reversed after an appropriate amount of time had passed, and with the unanimous consent of the Administrative staff.

But said individual attempted to join the forum again from another IP address and under another username, which in accordance with the site rules, has led to a lifetime Ban.

As a refresher, the rule that was violated states as follows....

"Banned Users – If you are banned for any period of time, do not register with another username to make a point. If you do, we will permanently deny you access to this website. Do not make “I’m back” posts after your ban is lifted. Doing so will result in another ban or permanent suspension of your account."
OK, thank you Administrator for the clarification. I was just worried that it might be based only on his opinions, but I now understand that it can be more complicated than that. Rules are there for a reason.
You won't have to worry about me; I just enjoy the discussion of car related subjects. And I don't know anyone on the forum personally, other than through our discussions here.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:20 PM
Deceased

When someone is banned, it's not a decision taken lightly by me or my Moderators. We'll use it as a means of last resort, but not before attempting to defuse the situation or conflict through PM's and formal warnings.

Unfortunately, the recall(s) have left folks uneasy, nervous, angry, and agitated.

The media coverage that has ranged from responsible to sensationalist is keeping the pot boiling.

Patience is the key word, the affected HHR's can't all be fixed in a day, and we'll keep this thread open as long discussions are kept civilized and mature.

If you ever have any questions obie, feel free to PM me or any of our Moderators, and we'll gladly answer them. That goes for any member here, we're here to help.

P.S. you can just call me Mike or 843, we don't stand on formality too much.

Last edited by 843de; 04-14-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:28 PM

Thanks Obie
Old 04-14-2014, 03:48 PM

I still haven't heard anymore about the "largest worldwide recall ever" that Toyota announced last week. Or, what it's for.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:59 PM

I just bought my 2006 HHR last week. Is there a way I can check with GM to see if the previous owner already dealt with this recall? Does the recall transfer with ownership? I have never owned a car new enough to be recalled before.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ripper
I just bought my 2006 HHR last week. Is there a way I can check with GM to see if the previous owner already dealt with this recall? Does the recall transfer with ownership? I have never owned a car new enough to be recalled before.
Read post #165 in this thread for a link, or what the heck read the whole thread!

Recall means that manufacturer is calling ALL of the specified units back for repairs. ALL means ALL, this is not a warranty issue, don't get them confused.

Old cars get recalled, too. The current "Toyota Largest Global Recall Ever" seems to go back to sometime in the 90's.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ripper
Welcome to the site.

Just to add. The previous owner could not have dealt with this recall. Why? Because the replacement part was not available yet.
You will still need to have the recall work done yourself.

As donbrew suggested, maybe read this whole thread. It will give you a little better insight to what is happening with the recall.

And congrats on the HHR purchase.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:16 AM

I'm just going to wait until the notice arrives in my mailbox, and then have the recall work done along with an oil change and coolant change.

On a semi-related note, My mother's 04 Saturn Ion is in the recall pool too, maybe we'll do a carpool.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:38 AM

I thought I would chime in here with my current experience for those that don't tend to read an entire 23 page thread. :)

I called the Service Department of my friendly* Chevrolet dealer. They said recall parts are now being ordered by VIN (I don't know how else they would be) and that the parts take 3-4 weeks to arrive. They requested the last 8 digits of my VIN, told me about the "take everything off the fob except the key" recommendation and said they would let me know when the parts would arrive. Since this is the dealer where I purchased my HHR, they already have my contact info. However, if your contact info has changed, or if you have moved since purchase, make sure you give it to them so they can call to tell you when the parts have arrived.

What does this mean for me?

Great question. It means if you want this recall repair done soon, I recommend you call your local or preferred dealer and get them to order the parts for your car. That way you're in the "queue" for the parts and that much closer to having your car repaired.

*I am serious about the friendly part. They've been amazing to me since I bought my 2006 in 2006. So much that my parents have bought all of their cars since 2006 from them as well.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:49 AM

Give em a plug! Who is your dealer?

Quick Reply: GM Ignition Recall Extended to All HHR's 2006-2011 UPDATED!!!