HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

'09 Ss Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
I hope that was sticker price and not what he paid as 09's don't cost that much loaded.
Yea that was TT&L out the door total cost. Why what did you give??
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 PM

this is the problem i had with my '08 which caused error codes and the turbo not to work.

CLICK HERE
Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by LoColorado
Why what did you give??
Ouch, a direct hit!

I'm guessing you had more than those two problems? As disappointing as issues are on a car as it rolls off the lot, I suspect it would take more than that in order to justify a replacement vehicle?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:37 PM

Trust me, I completely understand
It shouldn't happen
Just like my onstar crapped out after a month, it took them 3 times to fix it.

I took it back today because they pried off the velco strips on the headliner when it was repaired.

they are ordering another headliner, so it will go back again.

things like this shouldn't happen, but you are dealing with many parts made by different manufacturers.

Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Mercedes etc. could ALL have the same problems.

Look at it that way, any car could have your problems
whether its a $10k, $26k, or $70k dollar vehicle

All you can do is demand they fix it, make sure they understand you will go over the repair looking for shoddy work, and the biggest thing is GM sends out a survey on how your service was. tell them if it isnt repaired to your satisfaction, you will give them a bad report card.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 PM

In today's times there should not be these little annoying issues with any car, no matter what the cost. My 2c..................
Old 10-06-2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by bigallis1
In today's times there should not be these little annoying issues with any car, no matter what the cost. My 2c..................
Hey even the space shuttle which costs billions (with a big B) has it's problems, and there are only two(?) of them. Imagine for a moment, NASA building thousands of them and they all are what? - oh ya, absolutely PREFECT.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:12 PM

Isn't there a 30 day satisfaction trial???
Old 10-06-2008, 08:13 PM

There seems to be a high percentage of the '08-09 SS with all similar

problems. Appears Gm did *****ty R&D the these models, they need to have

some recalls. Are there any related problems with the cobalt ss?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM

There seems to be a high percentage of the '08-09 SS with all similar problems. Appears Gm did *****ty R&D the these models.
IC sensor and Power Window problems. Yea right, these and 'similar' problems reported on several threads here.

Checked out numerous sites for a variety of comparable vehicles and sorry I haven't seen a high user dissatisfaction rating nor excessive quality issues relating to the HHR or SS. I agree that between engineering, assembly QA and Dealer prep the car should be delivered w/o issues. And I definitely understand the immense disappointment and frustration of taking delivery of a faulty car, day one. That said let's not condem (without real evidence) the whole race on a few of what I truly believe, is an exception. The only repeated, 'recall' problems I've seen are the automatic brake issue (very serious) and the RPD for the 5-spd which GM hasn't allowed to be released till resolved. For sure there are other recalls and most certainly numerous other problems, but isn't that true for every car and every major electrical/mechanical product (i.e. again the Space Shuttle).
Old 10-06-2008, 09:09 PM

There seems to be a high percentage of the '08-09 SS with all similar

problems. Appears Gm did *****ty R&D the these models, they need to have

some recalls. Are there any related problems with the cobalt ss?
And just what do you base this conclusion on? The few reports on this forum? Do you have access to all the service records for all 2008-09 HHR's?

Over 12K on my SS and the only 2 issues where a recent popped up shifter cable and a tire pressure sensor that was just replaced. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky few without problems.

Quick Reply: '09 Ss Problems!