HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

'09 Ss Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by rommer
And just what do you base this conclusion on? The few reports on this forum? Do you have access to all the service records for all 2008-09 HHR's?

Over 12K on my SS and the only 2 issues where a recent popped up shifter cable and a tire pressure sensor that was just replaced. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky few without problems.
I had the brake problem with my '08 and i was not the only one. That being said I had a choice to get my money back or another SS and I took the SS, IMO its one of the best vehicles out there for the money and it doesn't matter what make or model car you buy there will always be problems with some of them.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Canuck
IC sensor and Power Window problems. Yea right, these and 'similar' problems reported on several threads here.

Checked out numerous sites for a variety of comparable vehicles and sorry I haven't seen a high user dissatisfaction rating nor excessive quality issues relating to the HHR or SS. I agree that between engineering, assembly QA and Dealer prep the car should be delivered w/o issues. And I definitely understand the immense disappointment and frustration of taking delivery of a faulty car, day one. That said let's not condem (without real evidence) the whole race on a few of what I truly believe, is an exception. The only repeated, 'recall' problems I've seen are the automatic brake issue (very serious) and the RPD for the 5-spd which GM hasn't allowed to be released till resolved. For sure there are other recalls and most certainly numerous other problems, but isn't that true for every car and every major electrical/mechanical product (i.e. again the Space Shuttle).
I was really referring to the IC sensor and the highly engineered plastic IC pipe. If a part fails on several vehicles, don't you think its at least worth checking into, or consider a recall? I have personally bought around 15-20 brand new vehicles in my life, straight off the lott, and have never had this many problems. I don't believe mine is a lemon. I'm just trying to see if there are any reoccurring problems or just parts failing from factory. Maybe it could be a problem at a certain plant, who's to say? I was trying to get some other owners experiences and problems with their SS's.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 10-07-2008 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Language edit
Old 10-06-2008, 09:35 PM

And just what do you base this conclusion on? The few reports on this forum? Do you have access to all the service records for all 2008-09 HHR's?

Over 12K on my SS and the only 2 issues where a recent popped up shifter cable and a tire pressure sensor that was just replaced. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky few without problems.
If you can see I said, SEEMS TO BE and APPEARS not statistical numbers and facts! Dam how many of you get your panties in a wad when someone talks about the almighty GM. I'm a diehard Chevyman but WTF. Isn't sharing views, experiences, & opinions what a forum is about?

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 10-07-2008 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Language edit
Old 10-06-2008, 09:53 PM

You come into a forum and with less than 10 posts start talking about how a car should be recalled and you expect people to sit back and say your right?

Get a grip!

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 10-07-2008 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Admin edit
Old 10-06-2008, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by rugar20
Maybe that was total after all fees taxes and such

I would still hope it was less than that with all added cost.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 PM

You come into a forum and with less than 10 posts start talking about how a car should be recalled and you expect people to sit back and say your right?

Get a grip!
You didn't listen, I was suggesting a possible recall on the IC pipe and sensor. I'm just merely trying to find how many others had problems, not trying to lead a revolution.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 10-07-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Language edit
Old 10-06-2008, 10:48 PM

A sure sign of intelligence. Not a single post without a curse word!

Have a nice day.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:18 PM

09 SS for 26K? WTF??? I paid 22900 for an '08. You got ripped off!!! Mine has been in the shop for low tire pressure on the 18" rims. Other than that, it's been fine.

Folks that say that bringing it back to fix little issues need to take note, my '08 Honda Civic has never been back. That's what an American made car will do for you. The HHR is Mexican made. Thank Clinton and his predecessors for NAFTA. My Honda was made in Ohio. GM and the other "American-made" vehicles ought to take notice.

Anyone wonder why Honda and Toyota are not asking for a bailout?

Jim
Old 10-07-2008, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by LoColorado
There seems to be a high percentage of the '08-09 SS with all similar

problems. Appears Gm did *****ty R&D the these models, they need to have

some recalls. Are there any related problems with the cobalt ss?
Rolling up on 4 months and 4.5K in miles. Not a single issue here.

I think GM did a great Job and the car performs like none other.

The down side to the internet is a few complain and the entire model is bad. Nobody wants to be left out.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:01 AM

My 08 SS

problems Since Day 1

Quick Reply: '09 Ss Problems!