HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Magna Flow 2.0 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_Rocks
hey got the slight clunk also, where did you put the dent to clear?
he
Right where the rear spring support meets up with the pipe; I believe there is a curve/elbow right at the lower left (drivers side) spring support. The muffler place heated up the pipe and made a slight "push in" dent to the pipe. Cluck went away.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 PM

How much power (if any) do you gain with exhaust?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Slilock
How much power (if any) do you gain with exhaust?
To be honest, I have never been able to put this dude on a dino; I will tell you though I have had many people walk up to me in a parking lot, after I have just pass them walking, and ask "what exhaust is on that thing?". "It sounds awesome." I have had many people make me roll down my window at red lights to ask the same thing. (Funny I said ROLL down my window. LOL) This exhaust really sounds great. Perfect to be honest. I am sure 3" versus stock has to be a difference. I want to put it on a dino, just never really got around to it. I live in New Orleans,La. I never could find anyone around here with one either until just recently a new place opened with one. I have only heard of him having one, just not see it yet.?????
Old 05-27-2010, 10:04 PM

Re: Magna Flow 2.0 exhaust

Originally Posted by redradt25
Right where the rear spring support meets up with the pipe; I believe there is a curve/elbow right at the lower left (drivers side) spring support. The muffler place heated up the pipe and made a slight "push in" dent to the pipe. Cluck went away.
Yes I think also. But the curve or elbow if not shown in the spring support. But I am just wondering how would the muffler will be heated up?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by tiresmokindad
Yes I think also. But the curve or elbow if not shown in the spring support. But I am just wondering how would the muffler will be heated up?
No, you don't heat the muffler at all. You are going to heat the pipe leading up to you muffler. If you look under your hhr at rear, you are going to see a huge elbow/bend in your three inch piping right at the driver side coil spring lower support. The pipe sits about two inches or so ABOVE the lower support for the spring. When you hit a big enough bump, "railroad track" etc., that lower support shoots up towards the floor of your HHR which in turn your piping elbow/bend is in the way of its projected path. The lower coil spring support 'nails' the piping and you get this very disturbing bang under you car. "The first time it happened to me, I got out to make sure that the muffler didn't come loose or something." "It's that loud." So, I brought it to Magnaflows attention. They told me because I was one of the first, they appreciated the info, and that they would look into it. They may have fixed it by now. I have had mine since June of last year.
So, they took a torch right at the piping at the bend. Heated it up right as it turned orange. He took a tool, which looked like a large flat head screw driver, and just slightly pushed in a dent/divot or such about the size a a fifty cent peice (pushed in maybe a half of an inch!!!!). Not much at all. This gave me about a half inch clearing b/w the spring and the pipe. Worked like a charm. I have not had a problem since.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by redradt25
To be honest, I have never been able to put this dude on a dino; I will tell you though I have had many people walk up to me in a parking lot, after I have just pass them walking, and ask "what exhaust is on that thing?". "It sounds awesome." I have had many people make me roll down my window at red lights to ask the same thing. (Funny I said ROLL down my window. LOL) This exhaust really sounds great. Perfect to be honest. I am sure 3" versus stock has to be a difference. I want to put it on a dino, just never really got around to it. I live in New Orleans,La. I never could find anyone around here with one either until just recently a new place opened with one. I have only heard of him having one, just not see it yet.?????
LOL no doubt mine just screams I always get asked questions about it, they always ask if its a Borla for some reason which is sorta ghey
Old 06-03-2010, 06:43 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by copternadley
LOL no doubt mine just screams I always get asked questions about it, they always ask if its a Borla for some reason which is sorta ghey
What?