Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Newbie interested in buying an HHR SS automatic.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 03:10 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by Oldblue
These little Trucklets are intuitive, they will let you know if they like you or not!
Nailed it Oldblue, these Trucklets have a certain "something special" in their nature, and you'll know the right one when you drive it.

I've been exchanging PM's with a Senior Member who had to swap out a front fender, and being that I've done it on three occasions, he sought out some advice.

After the standard, "the fenders are flimsy, and a bugger to deal with" advice, I mentioned my long standing theory that of the 489,981 HHR's built, no two are even remotely alike.

And that extends to their well, "personalities" for the lack of a better term.

I've got four of 'em, three "runners" and a Panel undergoing the second longest Hot Rod type build in history, and they are all as different in temperament as they could be.

My '06 AKA The Daily Driver as getting a bit gray around the temples, as you could imagine with 401,302 miles on the clock. It's very laid back, and prefers not to be rushed, thank you very much.

The '07 LS AKA Paddy(short for Paddington, like the bear), is a bit hyper and highly strung, yet as utterly dependable as a Swiss Army knife. And being my first HHR, it's also my favorite, and the one with the most "Go Faster" hardware and tuning. Plus I baby the snot out of it.

The '11 2LT is a Hanger Queen in pilot's terms, I like it, it was ordered up with every toy you could get. But it never has really gelled with me, probably because of its spotty early history, 23 warranty repairs in 18 months.

The '07 Panel was an ex-delivery truck for a pharmacy, and I bought it cheap with a whacking great dent in the left rear quarter panel and hail pecks. But before I took it to bits, I put 10,000 miles on it, and it's a "good 'un". So stay tuned for its reveal in late 2016 or early 2017.

So do the research, use due diligence, and also let the HHR talk to you. If you're not 100% happy from the get go, you probably never will be.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:34 AM

Yeah, I'm currently keeping my eye out for local ones for sale so I can see how they feel.