The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

single parent for a week

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
If only I could get rid of my wife for more than a day. j/k
Dude, it's obvious that your wife does not visit this board too often.

Pat
Old 07-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RaceOn
Dude, it's obvious that your wife does not visit this board too often.

Pat
Nah....She's just used to my ****.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 AM

Doug, you will survive, I'm sure the kids can run the house well!! They will tell you what mom does to make it work, so just turn on your listening ears and you will do great to follow their orders!! Want to take Caleb for a few days, he and Breanne will have a blast playing, that will be one child occupied!!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by HHR MOM
Doug, you will survive, I'm sure the kids can run the house well!! They will tell you what mom does to make it work, so just turn on your listening ears and you will do great to follow their orders!! Want to take Caleb for a few days, he and Breanne will have a blast playing, that will be one child occupied!!
Sure, what's one more Caleb and Breanne do get along very well together. So far so good, but it's only been two nights. We have swimming lessons every night this week except Friday, so that will be fun. I found out last night my wife will have to make a second trip to Connecticut in September, so I'll be doing all this again I have to say I have a lot of respect to those who are single parents all the time. It's a tough job.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
My wife is in danbury, CT this week on a business trip, so I am a single parent this is going to be one tough week. If that alone wasn't bad enough, both our kids have swimming lessons and my son has little league baseball, sometimes at the same time . Help me make it through the week!
Hey, i got "Charleen" at Danbury Chevrolet.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:13 PM

Well I made it to Friday, and my wife is on the way home, and wouldn't ya know it, flight out of her layover in Cincinnati has been delayed I don't care how late it is, I'm not going to bed until she is home! Kids said they aren't going to bed either, so it looks like a night of disney movies and games
Old 07-27-2007, 05:37 PM

What I wouldn't give to become a parent... ...I cant have children natually because I had a surgical accident that ruined my insides...I have been looking into adoption and becoming a single father....this would be a storybook happy time for me.. (in one of my children's stories, I adopt a little tiger cub and teach him how to be a good little boy tiger cub), If I can adopt a child, Ill be doing the same thing I have written in my story...only diffrence is that I would be adopting a real boy or girl HUMAN BEING)

I'd love to be a parent. I envy all those that are...
Old 07-27-2007, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Wheelie7
What I wouldn't give to become a parent... ...I cant have children natually because I had a surgical accident that ruined my insides...I have been looking into adoption and becoming a single father....this would be a storybook happy time for me.. (in one of my children's stories, I adopt a little tiger cub and teach him how to be a good little boy tiger cub), If I can adopt a child, Ill be doing the same thing I have written in my story...only diffrence is that I would be adopting a real boy or girl HUMAN BEING)

I'd love to be a parent. I envy all those that are...
Adoption is a wonderful thing.Both my sister and I were adopted,we are not related by birth,and had loving adoptive parents.While my search for my birth family is ongoing,my sister has met with her birth mother,arrainged by the orphanage we both came from,and it was rewarding for them both.Sometimes a search does not turn out well however,and I am prepared for that possibility.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
Adoption is a wonderful thing.Both my sister and I were adopted,we are not related by birth,and had wonderful adoptive parents.While my search for my birth family is ongoing,my sister has met with her birth mother,arrainged by the orphanage we both came from,and it was rewarding for them both.Sometimes a search does not turn out well however,and I am prepared for that possibility.
You are so blessed to have someone that wanted to share their love with you, Praise God for that!

Adoption IS a wonderful thing and I hope the good Lord will give me the chance to share MY love to a child that needs it..I have a big heart for orphans, I think I was put on this earth to help and love children who lost their parents.