Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Fuel addtives

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by hhrlover101
i dont know if this is the right spot to post this but do fule addatives actuly help the car rather than do damage to it. i am looking to get better gas mileage!

You'll probably spend more money on the different additives then you will get in questionable improved mileage.

It's easier to just up the Octane level to 91 or 93 and get better performance as well.

Be sure to buy a Quality brand from a high volume station.

I like Chevron gas best but also use Costco because of their good Station maintainance, Extra good additives, and extremely high volume, lower pricing especially with a Costco Amex Card.

SF

Last edited by Silverfox; 10-23-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:42 PM

The sending units fail. I have lost one in a Blazer and an uncle lost one in a Focus.

Fuel will attack the connections I think. I have been running the chevron stuff now, I'll have to wait and see if it helps.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 PM

I have used chevron Techtron , Or how ever you spell it in my last 5 cars and trucks. Allways felt an inprovement .
Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 AM

Thumbs up .02

Buy my gas & deisel usually once a year for the farm & yard equipment, so it sits in the tanks a good bit before being used. Newer gas mixtures have given some of my older equipment fits, till I switched to this: http://shop.bellperformance.com/coll...oline-additive

Before that I swore by Sta-bil, but this far out performs it and is way less expensive.

For my stored deisel fuel I use this:
http://opti-lube.com/index.php/diese...-improver.html

I highly recommend both these products from years of experience, not a commericial on TV.

I should also mention I use the Mix-I-Go in all my cars that fuel at the stations about every 3rd. tank full.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Srjeeper
Buy my gas & deisel usually once a year for the farm & yard equipment, so it sits in the tanks a good bit before being used. Newer gas mixtures have given some of my older equipment fits, till I switched to this: http://shop.bellperformance.com/coll...oline-additive

Before that I swore by Sta-bil, but this far out performs it and is way less expensive.

For my stored deisel fuel I use this:
http://opti-lube.com/index.php/diese...-improver.html

I highly recommend both these products from years of experience, not a commericial on TV.

I should also mention I use the Mix-I-Go in all my cars that fuel at the stations about every 3rd. tank full.

Thanks for the info .... I have been in the Marine Business for years and have preached a fuel stabilizer till the cows come home.
Most people just don't get it till they break down.

Sounds like a great product.

Tip: For all those who don't do this .... Keep your tank topped off, especially starting in the fall thru winter time frame with high humidity.
SF