Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

HHR - Buick Bijou Super Progress

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Boydie
The wheels had bumps or notchs and you just tapped them on by hand or rubber mallet. Yes beauty rings were available and full versions were available too.

Boyd :Cowboy;
Boydie,
I Love how much knowledge you have about the old Buicks! I knew the old wheels were designed for center caps that snap on. The problem is finding steel wheels for the HHR with those notches to hold the center caps in place. Forgot the name, but the ones that look sort like the Buick's are too salty. Best price I recall seeing was $89 for ONE steel wheel. That didn't include center caps, beauty rings or lug nuts. I think I am going to do the chrome full moons from Hubcap Mike's. $149 per set isn't that bad when you consider the cost of doing genuine baby moons, steel wheels, beauty rings, & lug nuts.

Last edited by Benjiwah; 05-19-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:32 AM

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement and feedback! Going to do some pondering before I tear back into things tomorrow
Old 05-19-2013, 09:47 AM

Lunchbox,
I dig the industrial/military ruggedness you have baked into your panel! And that is too cool that you have a '53 Super 8!!! The next time I make it down your way, I will have to look you up. I think it would be way cool to snap some pics of your Super 8 with my Super 8 x .5
Old 05-19-2013, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Benjiwah
Lunchbox,
I dig the industrial/military ruggedness you have baked into your panel! And that is too cool that you have a '53 Super 8!!! The next time I make it down your way, I will have to look you up. I think it would be way cool to snap some pics of your Super 8 with my Super 8 x .5
AGREED im ex-army and its an awesome color!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Deceased

The Lunchbox-Mobile has been one of the most radically modified HHR's here for a long time, hope he doesn't mind Ben's Super 8 x .5 giving him a run for the money.

Speaking of Ben...

Silence = Pondering

Pondering = Good Things
Old 05-20-2013, 06:25 AM

Well the day didn't go as planned Mike. A surprise trip to the ER for my 12 yr old daughter kinda put a damper on progress. Trying to take a short cut down the basement stairs, my daughter slipped and fell landing knee first on a protruding bracket on our weight bench...OUCH!!!! She put a hairline crack in her knee cap but is doing just fine now :) I posted a name for the Buick poll on here so you'll have to vote :)
Old 05-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Deceased

Ouch! Sorry to hear she's banged up, please pass on our "Get well soon" wishes from the forum, and take good care of her Ben.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:48 PM

Hope your little one heals quickly

Just reading that.. i cringed
Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 PM

I think the full moons from Mike's will make that HHR Buick stand out.
God's blessing for your daughter.

Boydie

Boydie,
I Love how much knowledge you have about the old Buicks! I knew the old wheels were designed for center caps that snap on. The problem is finding steel wheels for the HHR with those notches to hold the center caps in place. Forgot the name, but the ones that look sort like the Buick's are too salty. Best price I recall seeing was $89 for ONE steel wheel. That didn't include center caps, beauty rings or lug nuts. I think I am going to do the chrome full moons from Hubcap Mike's. $149 per set isn't that bad when you consider the cost of doing genuine baby moons, steel wheels, beauty rings, & lug nuts.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 PM

Benji

Check this site: http://www.carstickers.com/vinyl-lettering/

I am thinking of designing something like H H R to put in the center of of the moons.

You might think about a Fireball decal or sticker for yours.

Just an idea.

Boydie

Boydie,

Last edited by Blue Beast (aka Boydie); 06-03-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Quick Reply: HHR - Buick Bijou Super Progress