Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

I bought a hood scoop!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 01:53 PM

My biggest hang up with hood scoops is that every mexican around here has them on their cars and trucks. I'm not racist so lets don't go there, but when you see scoops like this on any and every type of car and truck with other tasteless mods you get to a point where you wouldn't ever consider having one on your own ride. We ordered one over the weekend for my buddies Mustang but it's a factory option scoop so that's a little different.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:56 PM

I dont see too many around my neck of the woods. but I also havent been looking for them either...I appreciate all the input from everyone. even the negative feedback

Oh and its definitly Imperial Blue metallic. I see bluee when i look at the pic, but I can understand the mistake
Old 07-17-2012, 03:16 PM

badassbowtie: I think I'd hold off cutting the hood on that scoop. Looks kinda funky, and way too small to do any good. A $8.00 scoop won't last long, and I'm sure the quality is not up to snuff.
If you want something a little better looking and functional, there are a better selection out there. "Moon"
Old 07-17-2012, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by moonsign
badassbowtie: I think I'd hold off cutting the hood on that scoop. Looks kinda funky, and way too small to do any good. A $8.00 scoop won't last long, and I'm sure the quality is not up to snuff.
If you want something a little better looking and functional, there are a better selection out there. "Moon"
I seen you got yours from myers racing....but I couldnt find one online anywhere...thats the style I kinda wanted. Is there a name for that one? or a website?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:58 PM

Actually the one I have now is bigger than the Meiers scoop than I have on before. Here is the Meiers scoop:
Name:  v7.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  75.3 KB
The one I have now is bigger , and I got it from customautotrim. It's a universal fit #scp-1. I paid $141.00, unpainted. It is now functional.
I'm gonna be a nice guy, and if you want the Meiers scoop, I'll send it to you, just for the shipping from Calif.. It's just sitting around anyway, and needs a new home. It's a six bolt to hood, scoop, and can easily be made functional.
If you want it Holler!.
P.S. This is the one I have now.
Name:  002.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  96.5 KB
"Moon"
Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by chefhhr
My biggest hang up with hood scoops is that every mexican around here has them on their cars and trucks. I'm not racist so lets don't go there, but when you see scoops like this on any and every type of car and truck with other tasteless mods you get to a point where you wouldn't ever consider having one on your own ride. We ordered one over the weekend for my buddies Mustang but it's a factory option scoop so that's a little different.
You racist! What you don't like tacos? Hahahahaha. Seriously though, I agree.

Badass, if it was me I would look for a scoop similar to moons and have it molded smoothly onto the hood with some custom sheet metal work and light filler. Don't rush body work. It is a fine art. Take the time and $ to do it right.
My .02
Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 PM

I agree with Rob on this one, if I had to get one I would go with the same as Moonsigns. Cool to anybody wanting to put them on our cars.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:33 PM

^x3...that scoop looks good
Old 07-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Rest In Peace

Go for it badassbowtie, if you like what you got, that's all that matters.

Post up some pics when you get it.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:38 PM

Thanks for the input again...I plan on laying on my hood, and if i dont like it within a few minutes, It wont go on. Thanks to moon for the help too!

Quick Reply: I bought a hood scoop!