North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

2008 GM Powertrain Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:13 AM

Update, and it's a good one.

Stacey spoke with the plant's PR coordinator, who works with Tri-Five on the show, yesterday, and was informed that the plant will have THREE open-house days leading up to the show. Two of the dates are at present unknown, but one of them is the day immediately before the show (9/12). If any of us entering wants to come over early to tour the plant, these days would be the days to do it.

More on this when I get more.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:52 PM

hey it has been a while since i have posted but to let you guys and gals know there is going to be a car show in riverside park during the 4th of july festival as i am president of the 21st ward independance assoc we are the ones who throw the festival i will post on here the date but we are having it for like the 6 or 7 year hope we can get a few of you there for the show
Old 02-17-2008, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by hawkeyejr
hey it has been a while since i have posted but to let you guys and gals know there is going to be a car show in riverside park during the 4th of july festival as i am president of the 21st ward independance assoc we are the ones who throw the festival i will post on here the date but we are having it for like the 6 or 7 year hope we can get a few of you there for the show
Our group's always up for a G2G, Hawkeyejr. Keep us posted on details. In the meantime, why don't you start a new thread for this event on the Regional - North East forum?
Old 03-04-2008, 02:28 PM

BUMP with an announcement!

Stacey informed me yesterday that two open house dates have been tentatively confirmed as the two days immediately before the show. If you have a 2.2 and want to know how your engine was made (or if you're just interested in seeing Powertrain run) ...

September 11 and 12, 2008
GM Powertrain Open House

Old 03-28-2008, 10:33 PM

Smile 2008 GM Powertrain Car Show

OK, it's time to get the 2008 car show season underway..................

Tri Five club sent me a few GM Powertrain show flyer's. I'll have them at the April 12th G2G in Batavia. Drop me an Email at Tigerpaw65@aol.com if you will need a copy. Just so I know I will have enough to hand out.

Also this week I made a few stop's at local T Shirt screen printing shops to get a price on getting our new logo put on. As it turns out two of the shops will not do a run of any less than 50 shirt's. I have found one shop that is willing to do a run of less than 25. I need to stop back early next week to pick up the quote. They are even willing to let me take there T color chart for the 12th G2G so you can pick out your personal color's. This is also a problem at one of the shop's there policy is one color run.

As of right now my list only has a need for a dozen shirts. This also has a bearing on the pricing scale. The more I order the lower the price per shirt. They are also willing to change screen color ink for dark vs's lite shirts. EX. black on lite colors & white on darker Ts.

I'll explain all on the 12th.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:15 AM

Two week's to go!
Everyone got-em ready?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR06
Also this week I made a few stop's at local T Shirt screen printing shops to get a price on getting our new logo put on. As it turns out two of the shops will not do a run of any less than 50 shirt's. I have found one shop that is willing to do a run of less than 25. I need to stop back early next week to pick up the quote. They are even willing to let me take there T color chart for the 12th G2G so you can pick out your personal color's. This is also a problem at one of the shop's there policy is one color run. As of right now my list only has a need for a dozen shirts. This also has a bearing on the pricing scale. The more I order the lower the price per shirt. They are also willing to change screen color ink for dark vs's lite shirts. EX. black on lite colors & white on darker Ts.
I know I'd like to keep the shirts local, but in the event the local shops want too much, would you want to check some of the on-line sites that do shirts and gear "on-demand," like zazzle.com? I was thinking of that one specifically because then, if we like the shirts and want to get other folks to pimp our club, they would be able to simply order them up from the site (in addition they do other kinds of clothing, like baseball shirts and, my personal favorite, hooded sweatshirts).