Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

2007 HHR Won't Crank/Start & No Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Have you checked for 12 V on the large red/blk wire on the upper left of the BCM?

check your PM
Just using a quick test light bulb style tool, I get power at all 3 red/blk wires. I also get power to all the red/wht & blu/wht wires to the right of the largest red/blk. If the ignition is turned on, I then get power to the green and brown wires to the left of the mounting screw.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:10 AM

Talking Conclusion!

Hey all, I wanted to take a minute to say thank you for all of the assistance while trying to diagnose this car. I FINALLY figured out the problem and wanted to share the results. After testing wires and voltages all over the car, I found something interesting. The starter started to randomly work again, along with several other things that had stopped. Then I accidentally bumped the fuse block and no more cranking. It ended up being multiple loose connections on the connectors under the fuse block! I spent some time and bent out each pin to make a good connection with the fuse block and everything came back to life. It now runs and drives and there are no more check engine codes. I'm not sure how the connections could have loosened up so much, but I'm just glad that I no longer have to waste my evenings messing with this. Hopefully this info may help others down the road. Thanks again!
Old 05-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Ahh, the old 'loose fuse block' rears it's ugly head once again, slightly different look this time! Glad you got 'er goin' again!!! Must be a huge relief!
Old 05-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Administrator

They do exist!!

Old 05-01-2018, 01:44 PM

You had us so focused on the BCM I never thought to direct you to that common problem. There is even a TSB on it and a youtube that sort of points to it.

The usual complaint is "the dashboard is going crazy".
Old 05-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
You had us so focused on the BCM I never thought to direct you to that common problem. There is even a TSB on it and a youtube that sort of points to it.

The usual complaint is "the dashboard is going crazy".
The only thing that was going partially crazy at one point were the windshield wipers. The rest of everything seemed to either operate normally or not at all. Felt like I was chasing my tail for a week! Just relieved to be rid of that headache! ;-)
Old 10-06-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bpopilek
Hey all, I wanted to take a minute to say thank you for all of the assistance while trying to diagnose this car. I FINALLY figured out the problem and wanted to share the results. After testing wires and voltages all over the car, I found something interesting. The starter started to randomly work again, along with several other things that had stopped. Then I accidentally bumped the fuse block and no more cranking. It ended up being multiple loose connections on the connectors under the fuse block! I spent some time and bent out each pin to make a good connection with the fuse block and everything came back to life. It now runs and drives and there are no more check engine codes. I'm not sure how the connections could have loosened up so much, but I'm just glad that I no longer have to waste my evenings messing with this. Hopefully this info may help others down the road. Thanks again!
Hello! I'm passing the exactly same problem...what do you mean "bent out"? Im trying to imagine it lol
Old 10-06-2019, 03:23 PM

There are pins in the connectors, sometimes they get bent or pushed out the back.