Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

BCM replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Administrator

yes I understand circuits and continuity.
What we try to do here is keep it simple.
Blower fan not working, test fuse, test relay, test fan , test grounds and then go into the control panel module.
9 times outta 10 it’s the first 2.
But you wanted to lead off with BCM replacement, the relay is in plain site under the kick panel on the passenger side of the console.

So, let me ask you, why so complicated?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
yes I understand circuits and continuity.
What we try to do here is keep it simple.
Blower fan not working, test fuse, test relay, test fan , test grounds and then go into the control panel module.
9 times outta 10 it’s the first 2.
But you wanted to lead off with BCM replacement, the relay is in plain site under the kick panel on the passenger side of the console.

So, let me ask you, why so complicated?
Oldblue:

It was not very complicated, it might have sounded like it was, but it took me about 15 minutes to do the two quick probes and at that time I knew that my open was most likely at the relay or BCM. I don’t have Mitchell on demand any more so I could not use the component locator to find the BCM/relay. The best info that I found was that the BCM was under the radio so I thought I was going to have to pull the waterfall, radio and all that stuff to get to the BCM. I found out that the BCM/relay was under the kick panel back at post #6 yesterday. I have known that it was the BCM/relay for more then a month. See post back on 10/26/2017
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/prob...e2/#post831924

If I was still back at Island Tech or Monroe Tire and had Mitchell on demand this fix would have taken me 30 minutes and it would have been done and out the door.

Because of hurricane Irma we do not have a auto parts store anymore so all parts have to be ordered in, that is why I got the new BCM ahead of time. I didn’t need the car down sitting waiting for a part.
US Mail, Fed Ex, UPS is still very spotty and it took a week to get the BCM in here the way it is.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Technical Moderator

Owner Manuals are available for free through the link in my sig.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Administrator

So it turns out to be money well wasted, you did not require the BCM , just the Wiggle Wiggle

Old 12-08-2017, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
So it turns out to be money well wasted, you did not require the BCM , just the Wiggle Wiggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Som...&feature=share
Yep, but I need the HHR running. The two company trucks are still having problems from Irma. The van still needs a starter and alternator, I have to hit it with a hammer to get it to spin and the pickup is running but it is a HD that only gets 10mpg. We have lost four of the five repair shops on the island. The two shops that I worked for have closed. Had to replace the starter and air pump in the F250 on the ground on my back, like back in my teen years, not fun.

I will see if I can sell this BCM, Its is a new OEM Delphi to recoup my money.