Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Car is all over the road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
For body roll , I recommend a TTR rear sway bar, definitely takes care of problem in a crosswinds
I think I will look into that myself. O_o
Old 04-14-2018, 06:05 PM
Administrator

It works! As do the Moog lca rear bushings.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:53 PM

This is not the same shop I took it to have the 1st alignment done,I was out of state working then. These people actually asked what it was doing and drove it themselves. They told me that new hub assembly, tire,and alignment would fix the issue and guaranteed it. Until now everyone told me it was all in my head, that I was paranoid from having that accident. But it got really worse the last few days. That's why I'm just now addressing these issues. And I dont know much about vehicles. But I'm learning quickly,lol. Don't have brothers,dad,husband etc to take care of it anymore for me😕
Old 04-14-2018, 06:56 PM

Let me know how that rear swaybar works! Lol. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2018, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by maureenbaker
This is not the same shop I took it to have the 1st alignment done,I was out of state working then. These people actually asked what it was doing and drove it themselves. They told me that new hub assembly, tire,and alignment would fix the issue and guaranteed it. Until now everyone told me it was all in my head, that I was paranoid from having that accident. But it got really worse the last few days. That's why I'm just now addressing these issues. And I dont know much about vehicles. But I'm learning quickly,lol. Don't have brothers,dad,husband etc to take care of it anymore for me😕
Maureen, take it from a person who is significantly expierenced with PTSD. Try not to discredit that idea. I am not saying you are crazy by any means, just make sure you are cognizant of yourself.

Given that I do not know the complete details of your accident, it is really hard to determine the possibilities without pictures, video, or being their driving it. I strongly suggest taking pictures inside your wheel well and under the car. And if at all possible, please provide us a video of what you are talking about.

If the vehicle was indeed aligned properly, and no other suspension issues were found, then I would be taking my car to the dealer to have the frame checked and that is worst case stuff. All in all, I would take it to the dealer and explain to them what is going on and have them take a look over the car. If they say it is good, then you would most definitely have your answer.

But if you can, please provide us graphic content so we can better help you out.

Best regards
Old 04-16-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by maureenbaker
The first shop did not do a good job. They should have found the bad hub and any other suspension parts. Before doing an alignment a complete inspection has to be done on the front and rear suspension, wheels and tires. Even a front wheel alignment requires the rear wheels and suspension to be checked. The front wheels are aligned relative to the rear wheels and most vehicles on the road today require a 4 wheel alignment. This is especially important after any type of damage. When the alignment is completed, a technician should drive the vehicle over a variety of road surfaces to make certain it handles correctly. Most shops have figured out a regular course to do this and should notice any problems.

Never let somebody convince you that something is all in your mind. You drove it before the problem and know that something is different. They can forget to tighten something that will move later.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:11 PM

It sounds reasonable, but the first shop took you...

Hub/bearings are sensitive to big hits. We see them in warranty (not GM) all the time now. They are engineered for minimum part weight and meet functional tests under normal conditions. Because of fuel economy regulations. Most times, the customers are happy. But, they are way more sensitive than they used to be. That is a fact, and not limited to 1 OEM.

BTW, a bad tire is probably your biggest issue. They can make the feel great or terrible with nothing visible.