Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Drivers Seat Creeking/Ticking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 02:19 PM

Drivers Seat Creeking/Ticking Noise

My drivers seat has developed a creeking/ticking noise. every time i accelerate or brake, the change in force on the seat causes it to make a creeking/ticking nose. I believe it's coming from the joint where the back of the seat adjusts forward back. I have taken off the back and lubed the springs & the adjustment joint itself with no luck. I will be making an appt to have it looked at. I've only had the car since december and it's done this for a month or so.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:04 PM

I have the clinking sound in my seat. Actually, I don't believe it is the seat at all. I have had the seats upside down and padded everything with foam. Still makes the sound like a spring tapping something metal when I go over bumps. I couldn't place where the noise was coming from. I now think it is the SDM (seat detection module I think) box inside the console between the seats. I found it by accident. Each time I press down on the driver's or passengers' seat with the car off, I get the same clink sound from the SDM Box. I am going to take it in and see if they can fix it. It makes the noise when I go over bumps as well as when I sit down. I can bounce on the seat and get the same sound. I think it may have some sort of relay inside, and it is noisy. Anyone else have this noise? It definitely reduces my enjoyment of having the car, but I haven't had time to leave it at the dealer yet. God Bless, Marc