Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

need help now with brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 PM

i have had scalley rust on the hub and made it look like the rotors were bad. .010 of rust on the hub will be magnified when the pads meet the rotor.. when i put rotors on i put the nuts on the rotor and then check for runout. ( you may have to use a open end nut turned backwards or a couple washers under the acorn nut so you dont put the stud through the nut ) i have had rotors that i turned 180 degrees and then had no runout. some times you have to have a little patience.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 PM

May sound dump but check the hub and rim a bit of rust or something that may stop things going back together right .
Old 04-01-2009, 07:42 PM

One other thing. Did you put them on correctly? It is easy to put them on backwards. The angled vanes should point to the back. Instructions should tell you that. Just checking!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rcflyboy
One other thing. Did you put them on correctly? It is easy to put them on backwards. The angled vanes should point to the back. Instructions should tell you that. Just checking!
They are marked left and right. So they are on the correct sides.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:37 PM

Ok so I put 150 city miles on these brakes with no improvement. My car only has 17k miles on so it did not need brakes to begin with. The rotors were warped so I decided to upgrade to somthing better so I thought. My next move was to get the factory rotors turned . I put them back on with the stock pads and it stops as smooth as can be. The EBC crap is going back. Not happy with it at all . I pulled this thing apart four times only to put stock parts back on. I know the stock rotors will warp again but I won't be replacing them with EBC thats for sure. I'm really surprised because alot of people had good things to say about them . I guess I got a bad set.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by droptopcamaross
Ok so I put 150 city miles on these brakes with no improvement. My car only has 17k miles on so it did not need brakes to begin with. The rotors were warped so I decided to upgrade to somthing better so I thought. My next move was to get the factory rotors turned . I put them back on with the stock pads and it stops as smooth as can be. The EBC crap is going back. Not happy with it at all . I pulled this thing apart four times only to put stock parts back on. I know the stock rotors will warp again but I won't be replacing them with EBC thats for sure. I'm really surprised because alot of people had good things to say about them . I guess I got a bad set.
Just take one bad rotor to throw it out. It happens but not often with EBC.

Sorry you had such issues on this as I have never had this on mine nor do I get many if any non self inflicted warranty calls on their product.

$#it Happens!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Founding Member

Here is another thread on EBC rotors that pulsate.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brakes-%7C-suspension-%7C-shocks-%7C-struts-24/new-rotors-not-rotoring-19209/