Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Rear hatch makes a popping sound ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:24 PM

Michigan's Auto Lemon Law

The law applies to privately owned passenger vehicles and those leased after January 1, 2000, used for personal, family or household purposes. Some business-type vehicles may also be covered. The law does not apply to larger trucks, motor homes, motorcycles, or off-road vehicles.

A defective vehicle is one in which the same problem has not been repaired after four attempts, or a vehicle that is out of service 30 days or more for repairs. The first report of the defect must be made within one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser or lessee or during the term of the manufacturer's warranty, whichever period is shorter.

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7...3885--,00.html
Old 04-10-2008, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by BILL C.
hey snoop, yes it seems to hold the top corner in place until it clunks(breaks free) then it works properly but my worry is if it sticks really good and i try to lift it, will it pull or bend a hinge or bracket that will throw eveything off.....it is noisy but it sticks also.....i see others say when its cold theres does which ours is worse when its cold....cold weather- i can open to load things for work,i drive 5 minutes to work and it will do it again.....warmer weather it does it usually once or after a long period of being shut......my guess is like everyone else being water is getting into the struts and either freezing or its running dry and seizeing........99% sure it is the struts but they should fix it and not say its common and there is no fix for it. bottom line
Sounds exactly like mine. For me it seems to be the left side, but the dealer already replaced that strut, and the problem is still there. Perhaps it is the hinge or doorstop?
With the warmer weather now its not as bad, and they probably wont do any more about it.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Sounds exactly like mine. For me it seems to be the left side, but the dealer already replaced that strut, and the problem is still there. Perhaps it is the hinge or doorstop?
With the warmer weather now its not as bad, and they probably wont do any more about it.
i know, its not worth even bickering over......but thats why i laugh at the people with the "ARE YOU OUT OF A JOB YET,KEEP BUYING FOREIGN" stickers on there vehicles because i want to buy quality and with american cars they dont make quality but they charge for it... if i wanna buy a throw away car i will buy a KIA.....i am a die hard american regardless but they do not make cars like they used to. my dad has a 79 chevy 3/4 ton with all original motor and trans and well over 200,000 miles and he let it sit all winter.it fired up with no hesitation after 3 months......it may burn a little oil,not be as tight as a new vehicle but those were the years they actually gave a darn about quality instead of the all mighty dollar. i said it before so i will say it again,i was raised on GM income and benefits but i support the wage cuts...i do more actual work in my spare time in the yard than most, i repeat most shop workers. thats after i work my honest 8 or 9 or 10 or 14 hour day.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:43 PM

Yeah, unfortunately GM seems to buy some lower grade components. I admit, if you want a car that just works, with no hassle, a GM isnt for you. I still buy them though, as these days the problems are usually minor.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Yeah, unfortunately GM seems to buy some lower grade components. I admit, if you want a car that just works, with no hassle, a GM isnt for you. I still buy them though, as these days the problems are usually minor.
YEAH, all my vehicles are gm....i have a hhr,malibu, and a 2000 tracker

the tracker is on its 3rd,thats 12....3rd motor.. the 2.0 motors seem to either stretch the timing chain and cause the motor to seize or what happend to mine was both bad motors lose oil pressure probably due to warn bearings.i had on the last one i pulled only 78000 miles on it and had a bad rod clatter.sadly the one i replaced it with has 130000.she runs perfect and quiet except for the slight timing chain tap..the chains are usually good for 100000 miles. i changed the one in the bad motor before the oil pressure went sour...well gotta go.................cya