Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Ron

Remote start

Anyone out there having problem with the remote start, i just got me 2008 SS have only 900 miles on it any the remote start has stop working, goes in the shop Wes. Help if you can.

Ron
Old 02-14-2008, 08:14 PM

Not to sound like a jerk or smart@ss but do you make sure the doors are locked first, and did you lock the doors with the remote when you exit the car?

A how to is on the back of the remote.
Hit the lock button the the start and hold for a few seconds.

If not please explain more what is going on. This would help people help you with more details
Old 02-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Ron

Yes i have done all the that needs to be done in the proper order, it just stop working, i do lock it with the remote and push the lock again to lock to start it and then the start button, the lights flash like i was told it would but it still well do anything. It worked for almost 2 wks.just fine.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:57 PM

I could be wrong, but you can disable the remote start by accidentally hitting the two buttons on the steering wheel, which send you into a programable mode which also changes things like whether the horn blows when you lock the door, etc. Take a look at the book and go into those areas. It just might be the problem. Just for the heck of it, go around the car with and hit the start button. I had a couple of them I was looking at the really wanted it pointed at a certain spot it seemed.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by AJochum
I could be wrong, but you can disable the remote start by accidentally hitting the two buttons on the steering wheel, which send you into a programable mode which also changes things like whether the horn blows when you lock the door, etc.
Even if it is enabled, try disabling it this way then re-enabling it. I had this same problem a while ago. It would just stop working. When I disabled then re-enabled the remote start, it worked. Hasn't happened for over a year now. That was on an '06.

Originally Posted by AJochum
Just for the heck of it, go around the car with and hit the start button.
Keep in mind that you can only enable the remote start twice then the lights will only flash until you put the key in and turn it so after the secont cycle, you may not get the desired results anyway.

Otherwise its HiHo HiHo off to the dealer you go...

Good Luck.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Ron

Thanks i just came back in from the garage ( its cold out there 9 above 0 ) and i did what you said and it worked. Thanks again Ron
Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 AM

Great! If it happens again, I would take it back to the dealer and have it checked out.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:42 AM

remote start

I just had my 'remote start' quit working. I do remember locking the doors with the interior switch and the alarm went off. I had the key in my hand so I shut the door. I returned an tried to use the remote start. Hit the 'locks' and then the 'start'. Lights flash and I can hear a solenoid actuating. Does not start. I have opened and closed all the doors and the hood. Reset the remote to 'off' and then back to 'on'. Still not starting. I think the DTC's are cleared by inserting the key and turning to any 'on' position and you get a max of three tries. Then back to reset. Still not working. Any thoughts?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:40 AM

Try starting the car with the key then shut it off. Remove the key from the ignition, hit the lock button on the remote then hit the start button on the remote and hold for at least 5 sec. If the remote start is enabled in the DIC, it should start.