Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Service SEC

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by poppagroove
I have a 2009 HHR and the ESC warning light has started coming on. The MSG that appears when this happens is ESC service....and ESC OFF. Nothing else happens, no power loss, no controll problems or any of that other crap that others have mentioned. The ESC light comes on and stayes on telling me the ESC is not working and then when cay is turned off and turned back on the light stays off for a while,maybe for a day or two....I wanted to know what is it about the ESC system that needs servicing or what do I need to do to fix the problem.....other than take it to the dealership, thats a givin.
Most likely you have a bad hub. Do you have an ABS light and/or a Brake light and/or Check Engine light come on at the same time?

Other possibilities: you just need a brake job, or you have a pending DTC in the computer (go to Advance/Zone/O'reilly to have the codes read).

You do not have to go to a GM dealer for this type of service, any good shop will be able to diagnose and repair it.

You would be better served to have started a new thread on the subject instead of tacking onto a long dead thread.