Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Traction Control Light on after Tire Rotation

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 10:21 PM

Traction Control Light on after Tire Rotation

I had an oil change and tires rotated today. They had the air cleaner housing off and showed me cracks in the air intake house from the cowl to the air cleaner housing. It was the end of the day, so it could not be replaced. The TPMs were reset, too. However upon driving home, the SRVC ESC and SRVC TC messages came on my DIC. I was able to get the messages cleared off of the DIC, but the TC light remains on. I cannot get it to turn off, using the TC button. Could this problem have been started inadvertently by the technician doing the work? And if so, what should be looked at???

And we will be taking a long trip starting immediately. Will having the traction Control light on during the trip cause any damage other than not having it enabled to use when needed?

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-07-2015, 02:10 AM
Platinum Member

I suspect that the wires/connectors leading to the sensors in the hubs were damaged when they rotated the tires. I'd take it back for inspection repair if you are heading on a long trip. If you wait till you return from your trip to have them check it out, their response would probably be "oh right - sure, like how long ago was it we did the work?".

The SRVC ESC light would be a concern for me that it might come back - I'm not aware how the HHR would behave with an ESC failure, but I know Vettes can act very weird and dangerous when the system acts up.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:02 AM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by gksmith
I had an oil change and tires rotated today. They had the air cleaner housing off and showed me cracks in the air intake house from the cowl to the air cleaner housing. It was the end of the day, so it could not be replaced. The TPMs were reset, too. However upon driving home, the SRVC ESC and SRVC TC messages came on my DIC. I was able to get the messages cleared off of the DIC, but the TC light remains on. I cannot get it to turn off, using the TC button. Could this problem have been started inadvertently by the technician doing the work? And if so, what should be looked at???

And we will be taking a long trip starting immediately. Will having the traction Control light on during the trip cause any damage other than not having it enabled to use when needed?

Thanks for the help!
Or,they forgot the MAF sensor.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Our Don is back??
Old 11-08-2015, 12:31 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Our Don is back??
He's back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly gypsum weed
Back in the saddle again

Ridin' the range once more
Totin' his old. 44
Where you sleep out every night
And the only law is right
Back in the saddle again

Whoopi-ty-aye-oh
Rockin' to and fro
Back in the saddle again
Whoopi-ty-aye-yay
I go my way
Back in the saddle again

Great to have you back Don, the place hasn't been the same without you.

And two second Don's supposition, me thinks Mr. MAF Sensor was left unplugged.