Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

HHR SS vs. ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by white heat
I also agree. A tastefully done Honda, Acura, etc is a plus in my book. Nowadays, you can get a lot of hp out of a 4 cyl. I drive what most people see as a white Neon, but it is of the SRT-4 variety and it's not stock. I've removed the big spoiler and installed the smaller SXT spoiler so it looks like a regular, slow Neon. I like stealthy.
Sleeper is the way to go. Maybe someday I'll run accross an HHR SS that's been totalled from a rear end collision, and take the engine plus other necessary under-hood items and put them into my 1LT, then touch up my suspension and brakes. That would make a cool HHR stealthy sleeper. Oh yeah, I'd have to have the SS's manual trans, too.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:52 PM

I always thought that would be cool. Take all the SS good stuff and put it in a bone stock LS body. Talk about a sleeper!

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Sleeper is the way to go. Maybe someday I'll run accross an HHR SS that's been totalled from a rear end collision, and take the engine plus other necessary under-hood items and put them into my 1LT, then touch up my suspension and brakes. That would make a cool HHR stealthy sleeper. Oh yeah, I'd have to have the SS's manual trans, too.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:55 PM

Im not trying to put anyone down with this thread...I Just think some of those kids who put all the body work on their car and nothing on the motor except chrome parts and colored fuel line and you can forget the can hanging off the back, but they think their car is fast when in fact it just makes a ton of noise and looks like s***!!!! I just wanted to know if anyone has surprised the heck out of them or not with their souped up grocery getter....( I own an HHR SS so that last part wasnt supposed to be a put down)
Old 03-05-2008, 06:27 PM

I never try to initiate a race but I also have not had a ricer try to race me either. maybe they got smoked before by an HHR. I did however school a ricer in my old bone stock Chrysler Town & Country mini van! That 3.8 liter could really move. I thought it was funny, my wife however gave me this reaction
Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 PM

I was driving behind a brand new R32 today, kept trying to loose me but I was on him like white on rice... a 3/4 throttle :)
Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 PM

What's an R32?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:06 PM

What's an R32?
A souped up Volkswagen Golf
Old 04-15-2008, 11:43 PM

What's an R32?
the most overpriced VW made currently.

look here

$33K for 250hp/236ft-lb 3.2L V6 AWD that from what i hear doesn't handle any better than our SS
Old 04-22-2008, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Yonash
the most overpriced VW made currently.

look here

$33K for 250hp/236ft-lb 3.2L V6 AWD that from what i hear doesn't handle any better than our SS
Well you could always buy a used one for around 10k less, buy the Stage 3 SC and have 450hp/370tq.

No it's not the fastest car for the money, and frankly I don't really like the new ones, but the older style is pretty sweet.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:40 AM

BMW Z3 beat by SS!

Now I didn't pick this fight. I pulled up behind a Z3 at a red light. The guy nailed it when the light went green so I stayed with him. At the next light he jumped into the right lane and started revving the motor so I patiently waited until the light went green again. I pulled him by a car link in first, he started gaining a little in second but when mine changed into third I started steadily pulling away. When I came out of third I was several car links ahead (maybe 3) and he gave up. The next light was a ways down the road on a big 4 lane highway and I was turning so he tooted the horn a few times and waved as he passed.

I don't think he knew what he had gotten hold of! I'm not sure what engine it had but it looked pretty new. The part I like is I know he spent alot more money!

So whens that programmer for the SS coming out? 320HP I'm just prepping for that run in with the true tuner!