SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Lower Tmap sensor and Autowerks pipe

Old 10-24-2016, 09:10 AM

Lower Tmap sensor and Autowerks pipe

Tried to install my new Autowerks Ic piping in my 2010 SS while working in the intake, injectors etc etc

The pipe's bending looks just like the oem, but once installed, the plate for the sensor and vac line looks to be at a weird angle, and so close to the AC down there that the connector won't fit
If I move the intercooler FW about an inch, clearance is better but still close
I could rotate the sensor 180 degrees, drill and tap the plate.

OR... would the sensor work the same if it's rotates, let's say, 45 degrees, or there a direction for it to read?

Also, my upper pipe is SO close to the wiring harness that it will push the harness in order to reach the align the mounting bracket with the bolt on the valve cover

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Lower Tmap sensor and Autowerks pipe-loweric-tmap-interference.jpg   Lower Tmap sensor and Autowerks pipe-loweric-vacuum.jpg   Lower Tmap sensor and Autowerks pipe-upperic-alignment-interference.jpg  
Old 10-24-2016, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member

Since the Tmap sensor measures pressure and not airflow like a MAF sensor, I don't see why it would matter which way it was turned.

Now, I could be wrong so anyone else feel free to debunk my theory.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:31 AM
Administrator

There have been others who had this problem and cut and turned the pipe, then welded it back together, it seems to me a shame that the Cobalt pipe really isn't that compatible with the HHR!!
If this was my SS, I'd contact Autowerks , and have them address the problem, and send y'all the correct parts for your SS.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
There have been others who had this problem and cut and turned the pipe, then welded it back together, it seems to me a shame that the Cobalt pipe really isn't that compatible with the HHR!!
If this was my SS, I'd contact Autowerks , and have them address the problem, and send y'all the correct parts for your SS.
Parts ordered were for HHR
Autowerks reply, after I contacted them and asked what about turning the sensor 180 degrees: "Fro the lower IC pipe, yes, you can re-drill and tap another mounting hole for the Tmap sensor to swing it 180 degrees around.If you cannot do this please send us the pipe and we can do it for you and ship it back"

I can do it myself and need to have the car running asap. Still have to get the pipe out again, but if there's enough meat to drill and tap, and rotate a few degrees for clearance, I'd do it
Old 10-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Administrator

You'd think they would get the position of bung correct to the HHR
Old 10-25-2016, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
You'd think they would get the position of bung correct to the HHR
Yep!
anyway... rotated the sensor a few degrees... let's see what happens now