SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

The SS making a clunk noise at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 03:06 PM

Dear snoopyspaz,

When you experienced the issues and codes in March, did you take the vehicle into the dealership for diagnosis? I did read that your father-in-law checked the codes, but was just gathering additional information.

Would you mind providing me with more information after you visit the dealership tomorrow? This would allow me to know if I would need to search resources in hopes to work towards a resolution of your situation.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-16-2011, 04:26 PM

Had my father-in-law scan but not "clear" the codes this time. Codes that are present are:

P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P2261 Turbocharger Bypass Valve Stuck Closed

And one other but can't remember. I have had the following before:

P0300 Engine Misfire Detected
P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency
P2261 Turbocharger Bypass Valve Stuck Closed

These were all codes pulled within the last 6 months (two occasions, i want to say end of february and beginning of april but not entirely sure of exact dates).

Car is at the dealer at the moment. Hoping for good news that I don't have to pay for anything, we will see.

Something else I noticed recently and confirmed is my A/C is shot...Blows somewhat warm, mostly same as outside temp air when turned on. Codes pulled for this were:

P0532 Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
P0645 Air Conditioning Clutch Relay Control Circuit

Father-in-law said it's most likely a faulty relay, system is too new to have an issue unless there's a leak. Mentioned to dealer, not covered under warranty...

Hoping for the best, we'll see later today or tomorrow.

Peter
Old 06-17-2011, 12:41 PM

I am less than thrilled. Got a call from the dealer, the bypass valve needs replacing and guess what...it's not covered under warranty...WTF! To top it off, they are not sure this will solve the problem either...actually, I know it won't. They need to address the lower maf sensor to solve that issue. Mentioned this and the solution...we'll see if this gets looked at. $400 bucks to replace. I almost want to say no, let me do it...I'm just not a happy camper atm...
Old 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM

So yesterday, I take Bart out to Pleasanton to pck up my car. Bike ride from Dublin Bart to Pleasanton and check out my newly repaired car. I pay the required fee for releasing my car (dealer wanted $400 bucks ). I take it to the dentist and am happy with the performance and the noticable bypass valve sounds are there again (pffffft). I go into the dentist office, 2 hours later, get in my car all eager to feel the pull of the little engine that could and....it falls on it's face! Stuck in limp mode, 5 psu mnax at wot...I'm really not a happy camper. Head straight back to the dealer, talk to the service guy, he's not happy either. He said he will have the tech take a look at it first thing in the morning. Haven't heard anything back yet. Made it very apparent that I would like my money back if it turns out to be something else! It's almost 3pm, haven't heard back yet...I did mention a new turbo and motor would be nice, given it only has 51k miles. Eagerly awaiting that phone call.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by snoopyspaz
I am less than thrilled. Got a call from the dealer, the bypass valve needs replacing and guess what...it's not covered under warranty...WTF! To top it off, they are not sure this will solve the problem either...actually, I know it won't. They need to address the lower maf sensor to solve that issue. Mentioned this and the solution...we'll see if this gets looked at. $400 bucks to replace. I almost want to say no, let me do it...I'm just not a happy camper atm...
dude you are getting screwed you have a 100k powertrain....the turbo is part of the powertrain and the bypass valve is part of the turbo. the maf sensors are like 100 bucks for both and you can buy the Forge Motorsports billet bypass valve for 125. Why dealers make up every excuse not to cover under warranty baffles me......wait oh yeah they are cheap sob's who don't care about the customer they only get like a 60% reimbursement on warranty labor but don't they also get parts credits from gm to help make up the difference? either way it is bad business to not properly take care of customers whether the customer bought the respective car from them or not....if you treat me well and take care of sh*t than if i didnt buy a car from that dealer i would be likely to do so in the future.....when will these aholes understand this concept
Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 AM

Yeah, I'm feeling every minute that I being screwed over more and more. I am so angry at this point and here's why.

I got a call from the service guy and he says his tech took a look at the maf sensors and said that it looks like the wiring was tampered with, the bracket was tampered with and since this has happened, this voids my warranty. I almost hit the roof when I heard this message (VM). I thought to myself, yes, the sensors would have been "altered", the bracket "altered" and yes, wiring would have been "altered". You know why? BECAUSE IT's THE F*CKING FACTORY STAGE 1 UPGRADE!! WTF is wrong with these a-holes? I'm still waiting for a call back from the service guy, he hasn't called back probably because he knows this is bull *****. Hopefully we can figure this out.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by snoopyspaz
Yeah, I'm feeling every minute that I being screwed over more and more. I am so angry at this point and here's why.

I got a call from the service guy and he says his tech took a look at the maf sensors and said that it looks like the wiring was tampered with, the bracket was tampered with and since this has happened, this voids my warranty. I almost hit the roof when I heard this message (VM). I thought to myself, yes, the sensors would have been "altered", the bracket "altered" and yes, wiring would have been "altered". You know why? BECAUSE IT's THE F*CKING FACTORY STAGE 1 UPGRADE!! WTF is wrong with these a-holes? I'm still waiting for a call back from the service guy, he hasn't called back probably because he knows this is bull *****. Hopefully we can figure this out.
wow........all i can say is....wow
Old 06-23-2011, 11:53 PM

So I take off from work around 9am and head over to the dealer. I stopped at home but wouldn't you know it, I misplaced the original reciept and documentation for the upgrade, damn it!! Must have stored in the garage or placed it in a safe place I can't remember! I did print up the instructions on gmperformanceparts.com and carried along with me. Talked to the Service advisor and he brought me out to the hhr and had his service guy with him. I let him talk about how the sensor wires are white and the factory harnes has colors...also let him talk about the lower sensor and I mentioned how when torqued, the sensor and a/c compressor may touch, he just shrugged his shoulders and said yeah, it's possible. Anyway, I pull out the installation instructions and point out how this car has the stage 1 kit installed and I love how the instructions talk about how the new sensor wires are white and the factory harness specified coloring. He looks at it, kind of stares from document to car and back again. He says he will continue diagnosing. I ask the service guy once back in his office about costs associated and he said there would be no extra. I mentioned the fact i just paid $400 bucks for nothing and he said if they find out that there is something else wrong that has caused a problem to the bypass valve, they would reimburse me. I'm hoping for this but not expecting any money back, heh. Never did get a call back today. Will call back late in the morning for an update. I'm very curious to see what has happened.

Oh, in case anyone is curious, had a code P0236 thrown, Turbocharger Boost System Performance. Is that a generic code or what?

Michelle, I will Pm you info, thanks for your help.

Peter
Old 06-24-2011, 12:13 AM

Oh, to add insult to injury, I just found a crack in my windshield.

When sitting in the drivers seat, you don't notice it, it's right above the rear view,only noticed because the sun was beating on it and i was looking under the hood with the tech. Oh well...another $100 out of pocket.

One other thing, why can't they give me a rental??? I don't feel I should have to pay but they said it would be $30 bucks a day!! At this point, I feel they owe me something to help aleviate the bending over they're making me do!!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:02 AM

That sucks.. I'm suprised they haven't asked you to bend over and spread 'em.

Quick Reply: The SS making a clunk noise at WOT